Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Grappenhall Hall School, Warrington. | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Lead or Rumour info - Grappenhall Hall School, Warrington.

BlushingHorror

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Background
The school officially closed on the 1st of September 2015 for an 'unclassified reason'. After searching on the trusty google, I came across of a ton of articles from the Warrington Guardian about this place. The oldest article I could find on the school dated back to 6th November 2013 with reports from Ofsted inspections in the June. It talks about the improvement the school needed. I have reason to believe the school was for students with special educational needs and that the school moved to a different location in Warrington. Since moving, the council has asked for the Department of Education for permission to dispose of the land, either by selling it or developing it for another use. However this was stated in an article in 2017 and it looks like nothing has came about it.

The visit
Upon visiting, access to the site is very easy however there is a primary school overlooking the main entrance to the site with also what I believe is staff from the primary schools cars parked beyond the barrier to the site. There are two houses, one to the left and one to the right. The one on the right looked like living standards however does have a top boarded window. However with the house on the left, it is fully abandoned with the school as all windows from what I could see were boarded up. As you walk down the road towards the entry of the school you can see a play ground set and then you are approached with some fences around the front of the property. The cameras look fairly old and did find some possible entrances while looking at the front.

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

6.PNG

7.PNG

Capture.PNG

Oggy1380

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I walked to the pub the other night, and spoke to the security guard who was sat outside. One part is grade two listed,there are Guards on site at a weekend,in the week they use the alarm and cameras,and takes them 20mins to get there

Creepernick01

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Background
The school officially closed on the 1st of September 2015 for an 'unclassified reason'. After searching on the trusty google, I came across of a ton of articles from the Warrington Guardian about this place. The oldest article I could find on the school dated back to 6th November 2013 with reports from Ofsted inspections in the June. It talks about the improvement the school needed. I have reason to believe the school was for students with special educational needs and that the school moved to a different location in Warrington. Since moving, the council has asked for the Department of Education for permission to dispose of the land, either by selling it or developing it for another use. However this was stated in an article in 2017 and it looks like nothing has came about it.

The visit
Upon visiting, access to the site is very easy however there is a primary school overlooking the main entrance to the site with also what I believe is staff from the primary schools cars parked beyond the barrier to the site. There are two houses, one to the left and one to the right. The one on the right looked like living standards however does have a top boarded window. However with the house on the left, it is fully abandoned with the school as all windows from what I could see were boarded up. As you walk down the road towards the entry of the school you can see a play ground set and then you are approached with some fences around the front of the property. The cameras look fairly old and did find some possible entrances while looking at the front.

View attachment 767764

View attachment 767765

View attachment 767766

View attachment 767767

View attachment 767768

View attachment 767769

View attachment 767770
Nice! I've wanted some info about this place for a while seeing as I live only a 5-minute walk away from it. I really want someone to explore it but can't find anyone who has.

Oggy1380

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah I wish I could but it's just that there is a notice at the front saying that there are "24/7 alarms with instant guard attention" which I would not like to end up succumbing to
Just have a walk around in the week,but don’t go over the fence surrounding the buildings,which sets the alarm off.just take a dog with you and say it run off into the school