real time web analytics
Report - - Graylingwell Asylum - Chichester - Jan 2012 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Graylingwell Asylum - Chichester - Jan 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Art-hound

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Pretty gutted about this- Graylingwell is so close to me and was thinking about going this time last year but for some reason I assumed it had already been mostly demo'd. However, I saw some good reports from late last year so decided to get a move on. Very little left now, but a few of the main outer buildings were worth an explore.

It seems like the water tower and entrance building have been converted, and according to a local dog walker there are plans to redevelop most of the other buildings. I've read that it was built on Graylingwell Farm in 1894 as West Sussex's first mental health hospital, closing in 2003. It was somewhat of a pioneer of psychosurgery (destruction of brain tissue to alleviate mental disorders), with 200 patients being operated on between 1943 and 1945.

Didn't see any security but was still quite on edge the whole time because between each building is very exposed and there is nowhere really to hide xD Also, left my tripod in the car like an idiot :thumb

4-4.png

10-1.png

5-4.png

9-1.png

3-5.png

6-1.png

1-11.png

7-1.png

2-8.png

8-1.png