real time web analytics
Report - - Great Barr Hall and Grounds - April 2018 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Great Barr Hall and Grounds - April 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

amazedabandoned

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The site used to contain the Mental hospital (once called the Great Barr idiot colony) this was pulled down several years ago now and in its place lies around 300 bovis homes :( .The site however still has a great hall and chapel which are in a really bad way - the floor in the hall is dangerous, even outside around the chapel entrance there are holes covered with pieces of ply board and so easy to fall through. Did get much inside the hall on this trip as really aware of the possibility I could actually fall to my death and nobody actually know where I am (the joys of Solo exploration)

The grounds are quite big still and happily walked around on my own for a good 1.5 hours. A couple of smaller buildings close to the hall (take wellies as its heavily bogged of water) a basket ball court which has been taken back by the earth (to me that was amazing to see) and also heading back up the drive to the church is what I can only described as would have been a gate house of some sorts.

Really enjoyed this explore and looking forward to a revisit inside the actual hall if anyone is interested??

Hope you enjoy the pics.

IMG_0756.JPG

IMG_0709.JPG

IMG_0719.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG

IMG_0740.JPG

IMG_0779.JPG

IMG_5146.JPG

IMG_5149.JPG

IMG_5167.JPG

IMG_5174.JPG

IMG_5184.JPG

IMG_5196.JPG

IMG_5204.JPG

IMG_5210.JPG

IMG_5217.JPG

IMG_5218.JPG

IMG_5230.JPG

IMG_5236.JPG

IMG_5243.JPG

IMG_5245.JPG

IMG_5249.JPG

IMG_5252.JPG

IMG_5253.JPG

IMG_5256.JPG

IMG_5257.JPG

IMG_5271.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I personally find these photos very over processed (especially 2,14,15,16,17 and the last one). Just remember this site is an exploring site, not a photography site and people prefer to see 'Natural' unprocessed photos.

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Have to agree with ZerO81 they hurt my eyes still on a positive note good effort at least your getting out and about.

amazedabandoned

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I personally find these photos very over processed (especially 2,14,15,16,17 and the last one). Just remember this site is an exploring site, not a photography site and people prefer to see 'Natural' unprocessed photos.

I have not processed these images at all, they are the raw images captured with the settings on the camera at the time.

Sorry if my pictures offend in any way. I will note to take picture in black and white in the future.