Web
Analytics
Report - - Great douk - March - 11 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Great douk - March - 11

Mr Beady

Over 8
Regular User
Visited with cpcnick. Not our intended location but after I discovered I brought my sisters wellies after we got the kit on, we had to abandon that location and speed off down to the village to get some wellies my own size. Ended up going to Great Douk which was probably a good thing, as this was my first go at caving.

Info/History- nicked from the net
Great Douk must have been known for a very long time, but the first reference to it may be found in John Hutton's Addendum to the second edition of West's Guide to the Lakes published in 1780. Grade one difficulty, first through trip accomplished in 1934, entrances and exits - Main (lower) entrance ,Little Douk (skylight), Middle Washfold (main exit), length 914 metres.
Picture time:

Groupshot600x800.gif

Entrance800x600.gif

Crawling1800x600.gif

Tightsqueeze800x600.gif

Pose.gif

openbit800x600.gif

nearlythere800x600.gif

High800x600.gif

Exit1800x600.gif

Attachments