Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Great Lines Gillingham Underground Hospital | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Lead or Rumour info - Great Lines Gillingham Underground Hospital

Jorwal

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So local rumour has it that there is an underground hospital under the Great Lines Heritage Park in Gillingham, Kent - I haven't managed to find anything on it but (if it's true), if anyone can share some pictures or history on the place that'd be great :D

Greene2

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was recently speaking to a work colleague about this and he believes it is hidden underneath Kitchener barrack which is currently under redevelopment

Jorwal

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was recently speaking to a work colleague about this and he believes it is hidden underneath Kitchener barrack which is currently under redevelopment
Can’t see that being easily doable/still there, if they’re building houses it’ll get concreted to shit

Greene2

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Can’t see that being easily doable/still there, if they’re building houses it’ll get concreted to shit
Still in the process of demolishing it, so either it’s still accessible at the moment or they’ll have filled it with concrete already

Kidney

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Legend has it that it's under the field behind kitchener. Think there are remains of entrances there, a few went for a dig a few years back but didn't come up with anything. If it is there its backfilled to shit or has been filled in.

Daniel_laraman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
found something that might be of interest it is a map of the underground sites in Chatham lines obviously we know the site in the middle is HMS Wildfire so I'm just assuming the site underneath the college was possibly the hospital but i don't know

Attachments

Jorwal

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
found something that might be of interest it is a map of the underground sites in Chatham lines obviously we know the site in the middle is HMS Wildfire so I'm just assuming the site underneath the college was possibly the hospital but i don't know
Nice find! I’ll make an overlay later amd let you know if I come across anything interesting

Manhole-welder

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If it’s under the parade ground at Kitchener it will stay undiscovered as it’s going to be a play park,
As for Dock Road tunnel parts of are going to be filled as after looking at the drawings there will be an underground car park cutting into it.

Kidney

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wouldn't pay any attention to that site, everything on there is pretty much fiction. There's several possibilities for that archway but until someone bashes out we will never know.

If it’s under the parade ground at Kitchener it will stay undiscovered as it’s going to be a play park,
As for Dock Road tunnel parts of are going to be filled as after looking at the drawings there will be an underground car park cutting into it.
Really hoping they don't, such a clean (or was) set of tunnels. Should be some sort of heritage order on them, seems Medway council don't really see the opportunity of exploiting Medway's History!

Manhole-welder

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hot tip of the day ladies and gentlemen I’ve just been asked to go and have a look at sealing HMS Wildfire,
I’ve replied,
I can’t tonight but I will have a look tomorrow,
Have a good evening !