Web
Analytics
Report - - Greatham Water - May 2015 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Greatham Water - May 2015

DubExplore

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ok so only a small one here, not sure what to call this place or much history on it at all but thought it would be worth a few pictures.
The site is just behind where greatham's salt mine used to be and from the little information I have found it was owned by Bolckow Vaughan & Co to supply there Vulcan works with water. when drilling there in 1894 they founded a large layer of salt... there came the salt works.
The pictures are not the greatest due to being a night time visit and trying to rely on long exposures while my tripod was sat at home.

DSC_0148_zpscsavg6em.jpg

DSC_0136_zpsrxylprby.jpg

DSC_0111_zpsl8ngze0n.jpg

DSC_0129_zpshpvoqjto.jpg

DSC_0107_zpso1smcawt.jpg

DSC_0106_zpsiw2btvyh.jpg

DSC_0123_zpswefp6egc.jpg

DSC_0161_zpsr4xkqxro.jpg

DSC_0165_zps17z3cdbr.jpg

Will defiantly being going back for a daytime mooch at some point and hopefully get some better pictures
Explored with @dubgav14 & @AR_UK

Thanks for looking hope you enjoyed

Attachments