real time web analytics
Report - - Grecian Mill Tower, Walkden - January 2013 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Grecian Mill Tower, Walkden - January 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tweek

SNC/SWC
Regular User
Grecian Mill Tower, Walkden - January 2013

Nothing special, just another one of those pass it everyday places you notice. The one's that haunt you until you are restless enough to bother with.

Can't find much information on it, other than it's called Grecian Mill, it sits prominently between Farnworth and Walkden, and as early as the late 1800's was occupied by a company by the name of Holden and Son. Now it's one of those sort of places that looks totally derped, but is actually still in use, just broken into smaller units. The top of the tower is used to house transmitters, and despite barely being able to grace the High Stuff section, it's a lot higher than it looks from the ground when you're scaling the ladder from the lower roof... on your lonesome.

Not really worth posting, but I enjoyed it and got these photos back today, so here you go...

CNV00014-001_zps80d40ddb.jpg

CNV00019-001_zps611c03ad.jpg
CNV00020-001_zpsc23fb052.jpg

CNV00015-0012_zpsd5762d9c.jpg

CNV00017-001_zpsa677b0a7.jpg

tweek
:Not Worthy

Ellers

28DL Member
28DL Member
i used to train Thai Boxing in this old mill. A proper old school building - full of all sorts of weird and wonderful rooms. Great memories. Thanks for sharing. This building will be demolished soon, i think, as it has been condemned.