real time web analytics
Report - - Greenesfield Works (ochre yards) gateshead | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Greenesfield Works (ochre yards) gateshead

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

sammal02

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Me and my friend decided to do some exploring in the general Newcastle/ Gateshead area and we found this abandoned factory on the Gateshead side of the river to the right of the Hilton hotel. I did some research into it and found out that it used to be a factory for locomotive engines until 1910 when it became too small to build them and moved to Darlington. This site was used until 1932 as a repair site. Then after WW2 re-opened until 1959 when it finally closed.

Belway homes took over the site whilst refurbishing the flats in Ochre Yards as a store for materials then left it abandoned for the time being.

I took a video of the factory basement whilst i was there. the link for the video is :

sammal02

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for your post but really you should have just taken some photos rather than make a 9min long video that shows virtually nothing of the place.
I will get some photos next time I go back and post them on this thread

sammal02

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Update:
So i went back last week and got a video showing off the upstairs of this building and how to get in! here it is:

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
It's not really much better, it's still just a load of shaky unwatchable video that shows next to nothing. If you must make a video, then please put a bit of thought and effort into it - rather than just filming as you go (which invariably yields poor results), stop at an area of interest and shoot some clips showing whatever that may be. Edit those clips together nicely - a bit of effort in post will go a long way. However, as Speed said above a concise set of photos would be more appropriate.

sammal02

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's not really much better, it's still just a load of shaky unwatchable video that shows next to nothing. If you must make a video, then please put a bit of thought and effort into it - rather than just filming as you go (which invariably yields poor results), stop at an area of interest and shoot some clips showing whatever that may be. Edit those clips together nicely - a bit of effort in post will go a long way. However, as Speed said above a concise set of photos would be more appropriate.
Okay will remember for next time

peskyroamer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
chill out steven spielberg , at least he made an effort

Polominto73

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
At least you made the effort sometimes pictures show the place better but everybody has their own preference . happy hunting:thumb

Lostinspace1983

28DL Member
28DL Member
I'm more of a photo person like but enjoyed the videos and seeing inside, I live on the Staiths Estate you filmed towards the end of your video and walk past that place all the time and wonder how to get in and what's there, Kinda thought it would be full of homeless peeps being pretty well under cover. May have to take a walk by myself now, Happy Hunting!

Who has read this thread (Total: 239) View details