real time web analytics
Report - - Grimsby Ice House - 17/5/10 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Grimsby Ice House - 17/5/10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Ive wanted to have a crack at this place for years so after ash clouds scuppered our plans for a little Belfast jaunt myself, Rooks and Dweeb headed over to Lincolnshire to finish off a few 'outstanding items'. Arriving as the sun was setting and with no sleeping kit aboard we had no choice but to spend a rather grim night in the car, a call to Squirrel gave us half an idea on what was needed, so bright and early we did our best fishermen/women impressions and headed in to the stinking abyss that is the Grimsby fish docks!

As has been a bit of a theme lately, this was a place where i thought i knew what to expect. In a nutshell i expected small scale, or at the most medium scale, but once inside we realised the true epicness of the place. No doubt it will go into my uk top 10 industrial explores, you have a element of heavy industry mixed with some really nice little detail. The pump room is as good as any turbine hall or boiler house ive been in, but its not just that, it wins hands down on 'uniqueness' and 'segnificance' when put up against most places out there. Stunning

I dont know a huge amount about the history of the place other than that it closed on August 3, 1990 and was obviously built to supply packing ice to the fish docks. It was grade 2 listed but that has done little to save it, it may be very intact but unfortunatly is very rotten. Would be good to hear some more.

picture505mod.jpg

picture507mod.jpg

picture500mod.jpg

picture349mod.jpg

picture353mod.jpg

picture357mod.jpg
picture337mod.jpg

picture406mod.jpg

picture400mod.jpg

picture390mod.jpg

picture385mod.jpg

picture423mod.jpg