real time web analytics
Report - - Gripper Drain, Manchester - Jan 10 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Gripper Drain, Manchester - Jan 10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Gone

Regular User
Seen a few threads on this drain and thought it would make an easier start as I have only done one other, Bunker drain.

It is based in the Fallowfield area of Manchester and in the past the entrance has had iron gates in place but these have been removed. Being about 250/300 yards long it is not a big drain but has an array of different bricks and stone with a large grilled area at the end.

Visited with Rookie and Jim Gillette, Pictures;

P1134785.jpg

P1134755.jpg

P1134775.jpg

P1134783.jpg

P1134784.jpg

P1134743.jpg

We wouldn't mind doing a few more drains in Manchester, So let me know if you could help us out, Gone...

WB

28DL Wood Burner
28DL Full Member
Been down this earlier this year and posted some cool pics on here but they have vanished....

I shall re-post.

the entrance.

Image039.jpg

Fun with candles...
IMG_0732.jpg

Moar fun with candles.
IMG_0720.jpg

Enjoy. :)

WB

28DL Wood Burner
28DL Full Member
Haha, pretty good spot for a BBQ and a few beers down there! :)

anubis

28" Member
28DL Full Member
As a kid where the entrance is to this (I won't say where it is ;) ) I used to peer throught the railings there and gaze at the water below - when I got older I went through it twice!!!! See!! I have already done my first sewer although I had no camera with me at 15 years old!!!! Kids then used to call it 'Witch's Tunnel' - no idea why ;) Great report guys! Loving the BBQ!

Gone

Regular User
As a kid where the entrance is to this (I won't say where it is ;) ) I used to peer throught the railings there and gaze at the water below - when I got older I went through it twice!!!! See!! I have already done my first sewer although I had no camera with me at 15 years old!!!! Kids then used to call it 'Witch's Tunnel' - no idea why ;) Great report guys! Loving the BBQ!

Yeah we met/scared a few kids on the way out. It's only surface run off water but it got us into 'draining'.

WB

28DL Wood Burner
28DL Full Member
This is an awesome shot! Really good.:thumb

Ta duck. This was one of my very first drain0r experiences. Since Then i've done another 3 of the 6 in the Gore Brook 'set'.

I still need to go back and do Arachnaphobia & Gorton Falls. :)