real time web analytics
Report - - Grosvenor Hotel, Sheffield - Aug/Sep '14 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Grosvenor Hotel, Sheffield - Aug/Sep '14

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Kaplan

Procrastinator
28DL Full Member

Visited with jazzywheelz and tablets and then revisited with jazzywheelz. Shots from both visits in no particular order.

Ah, Grosvenor... (In)famous Sheffield Landmark... derp icon...

History isn't worth much, basically it was a run-down hotel that managed to stay open far longer than it should have; at some point South Yorkshire's finest used it to train their dogs; and theres a good chance it'll be demo'd in the future if plans to redevelop that part of town actually go ahead.

I'm trying to resist writing that over-used line, "we'd had our eye on it for ages" etc, but it's true. As with many other places, we'd sniffed around a fair few times and came up empty handed.

I missed out on the first couple of excursions here but tagged along one evening with jw and t who'd already been in I beleive. And with access as "interesting" as it was, who could resist a return visit?

Let's begin in the lobby:

16088464843_b404a456a6_z.jpg

16707353872_6b62cdc1f8_z.jpg

Spot the derpwagons...

16708400965_568037d018_z.jpg

16707110431_ee83e5f941_z.jpg

16707342982_2af2494ab6_z.jpg

16501100877_cbb673f14d_z.jpg

16088321293_b9c322fb4a_z.jpg

16707336412_f97ac18b90_z.jpg

16682461236_66e65b3c23_z.jpg

16088377313_f9c89ef917_z.jpg

16707093711_fdab089940_z.jpg

...and what better way to relax after a hard night's derping, than an oversized deckchair?

16522308639_df1e1f9764_z.jpg

More on Flickr. Ta.

JaneEyre

The clumsiest explorer in Yorkshire!
28DL Full Member
Love it! Some amazing shots mate, can only imagine how bruised you were (if the access I remember is right)

Loving that shot of Jazzy (I think) too :)

rich_b1982

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one K-plan. Good to see you putting a bit of time in on sorting your backlog.

Inky

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cant believe i've never seen this place just had to have a look through some older reports! well in mate nice pics.

Kaplan

Procrastinator
28DL Full Member
Cheers all :thumb

can only imagine how bruised you were (if the access I remember is right)

Yeah, just a little uncomfortable that one!

Not bad mate but it needs more selfies :thumb

I was expecting a visited with *Asterisks* ;)

All about context :)

No asterisks needed for this one lol

Nice one K-plan. Good to see you putting a bit of time in on sorting your backlog.

I'll get there soon! Couple more locations to come yet.

jazzywheelz

Boring Bearded Bastard
28DL Full Member
Only just spotted this. Proper Bo that is mate. Seems like proper ages ago now. I still feel like I have unfinished business here.

Cohen Leaning

28DL Member
28DL Member
Love it! Some amazing shots mate, can only imagine how bruised you were (if the access I remember is right)

Loving that shot of Jazzy (I think) too :)
Could anyone tell me where I can access this building? Been wanting to get in and shoot some photos myself for a while now but never found out how to get in! Thanks in advance!

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Could anyone tell me where I can access this building? Been wanting to get in and shoot some photos myself for a while now but never found out how to get in! Thanks in advance!

Hi Cohen, the best way is to put a bit of leg work in your self, access can change frequently. Plus you have just joined the forum today and your fist post is asking for access.

How about a hello and an introduction telling us what you're interested in. A few reports would also be nice, who knows you could be security, a metal fairy or the like ;)

JaneEyre

The clumsiest explorer in Yorkshire!
28DL Full Member

I agree with TLR, give us an introduction and a report or two first and then maybe might be willing to offer an insight :) Also remember this is a forum that anyway one can see so if we post access in a comment anyone who reads this can see :)

Good luck exploring, can't wait to see your reports

xx

Miss Mayhem

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Hi Cohen, you won't really get a positive answer by asking this,
Post your introduction and some reports, so then we can get
To know you better. : )

If you do that people will be more willing to help you,
The search box above is also very handy ;)

Anyway welcome along, looking forward to seeing some stuff :thumb