real time web analytics
Report - - Grove Rake Fluorspar Mine 31/12/07 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Grove Rake Fluorspar Mine 31/12/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Northern Exposure

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
At a bit of a loose end today and probably left too late in the day to really appreciate this to its full extents. A big thanks to BigLoada and snappel for their previous reports on this place.

Others have already reported the history of this place so rather than repeating info here, I'll just get on with the pictures.

The mine is more like a small abandoned hamlet than simply a few out buildings around the head-stocks. There are a few buildings either side, out of shot.

DSC_0054-1.jpg

I didn't venture into the mine itself today but have full intention of returning in the future and seeing what the drift has to offer.

DSC_0031.jpg

The building that houses the braking system for the cage is not in perfect order, but it's good to see the old machinery still largely still in place

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0010-2.jpg

Heat exchanger

DSC_0013-1.jpg

The main bath-house is in use as the local farmers fleece store, but the smaller rooms to the rear still have original paper work on the floors and some of the miners clothing in the lockers

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0025-1.jpg

DSC_0024-1.jpg

Which model Hotpoint sir?

DSC_0028.jpg

Very apt 'pigeon hole'

DSC_0023-1.jpg

Some others from the main building

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

Now for the Headstock's;

DSC_0032-2.jpg

DSC_0034-1.jpg

DSC_0041-1.jpg

I think these are the top end anchor point for the steel cabling. Check out the years of green growth

DSC_0044.jpg

Sadly, by this time it was almost pitch black which was a shame as I could have spent hours there. I intend a re-trip in the near future and hope to document the place in a better light.

Who has read this thread (Total: 6) View details