Web
Analytics
Report - - Guest Hospital, Dudley - November 2015 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Guest Hospital, Dudley - November 2015


Goldie87

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The original buildings were constructed in 1849 by the Earl of Dudley to accommodate miners blinded in local mines. The miners rejected the Earl's charity, and the buildings remained empty until 1871, when they were taken over by local chainmaker Joseph Guest and turned into a hospital. The hospital's accident and emergency department closed in 1983 and was relocated to Russells Hall hospital. A new horseshoe-shaped extension was opened in 2003, but the old buildings - including the out-patients department - remained in use until October 2007. Most of the buildings are due to be retained owing to their historic importance, though some of the less significant structures are set to be demolished.

Been here a couple of times before, but never managed to get everywhere. Hearing that portakabins had appeared on site we thought we had better take another look, stripping out and demolition is currently well underway. Visited with Mattdonut and Mr Sam.

22774819114_d1a9224f4c_c.jpg


22777415243_39e7f14264_c.jpg


22775681033_021ee42381_c.jpg


23402615495_682d65f390_c.jpg


23377038896_82f29d4223_c.jpg


23109454640_9718b2ca33_c.jpg


23376630836_c773d54f3b_c.jpg


23295221072_d5382312be_c.jpg


22774320274_21e6b1c5f7_c.jpg


23404566535_1e61cbe6f9_c.jpg


23379728026_d4a3ec0afc_c.jpg
 

Attachments

Similar threads


Top