Web
Analytics
Guide for Paris Catacombs | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Guide for Paris Catacombs

u83r

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hey Guys! I'm looking for a guide to the Paris catacombs. It's always been a dream to explore them but I really don't want to get lost. I've seen some posts on here from people who had a local guide. I would love to know how to get in touch with a guide. Thanks for the help!

merryprankster

Conrod the Barbarian
Regular User
Best advice would be to check out some local underground stuff and get to know people on the forum that way. Once you have dont a bit over here and people get to know you then you will have a much better chance of being invited on a trip. It wont happen over night, trust has to be earned and noone wants to take a random person they dont know underground in paris for 4 days. Play the long game, thats how most people who have done reports on her about paris ended up there.

Scoobysrt

28DL Full Member
The police are very active at the moment trying to stop people going down. I was talking with someone last week who got back to his entry point and it had been sealed while he was in there. Good luck.

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Best advice would be to check out some local underground stuff and get to know people on the forum that way. Once you have dont a bit over here and people get to know you then you will have a much better chance of being invited on a trip. It wont happen over night, trust has to be earned and noone wants to take a random person they dont know underground in paris for 4 days. Play the long game, thats how most people who have done reports on her about paris ended up there.

Either that or get yourself the map and some kit and just got for it. Its not easy to get lost if you have the map (google!). The entrance most people use is well documented online and even in movies too!

monk

mature
Regular User
Either that or get yourself the map and some kit and just got for it. Its not easy to get lost if you have the map (google!). The entrance most people use is well documented online and even in movies too!
Dunno if I'd fancy a solo trip on my own in fairness, maybe start with some easier underground bits in the UK first, get use to being underground before diving in the deep end, chuck a couple of reports up and get involved on here and people will happily let you tag along in a group.

Lerosbif

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The police are very active at the moment trying to stop people going down. I was talking with someone last week who got back to his entry point and it had been sealed while he was in there. Good luck.
Yeah it’s true but it’s not unusual for plaques to be soldered unless it’s the 16th where there are only 1 or two ways out - they’ll check first in that case as it’s a small reseau, I’d strongly recommend anyone doi the GRS to know 2-3 ways in and out to be sure , the petite ceinture is allegedly up for injection again soon

Dunno if I'd fancy a solo trip on my own in fairness, maybe start with some easier underground bits in the UK first, get use to being underground before diving in the deep end, chuck a couple of reports up and get involved on here and people will happily let you tag along in a group.
Pretty much this , right now I’m in st tropez until the 5th of September but otherwise im down in the grs/13th/15th and 20th at least a few times per week - get a couple of decent reports up by sept and I’ll take you

Scoobysrt

28DL Full Member
get a couple of decent reports up by sept and I’ll take you
With respect a lot of your posts say this, get more posts up and ill help you sort of thing.
However, with respect again, you've not posted anything yourself!!
You should get some posts up yourself.

Lerosbif

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
With respect a lot of your posts say this, get more posts up and ill help you sort of thing.
However, with respect again, you've not posted anything yourself!!
You should get some posts up yourself.
It’s really true I need to get a couple up under this alias but I would say two things , I had a account on here previously that I won’t touch or log into anymore because of a legal issue I had/have going on which has shitloads of them already and secondly it’s not me asking for help - lots of people on here know me on a first name basis anyway I don’t really need to ask on the forums for accesses/info

Lerosbif

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Pretty sure @Lerosbif is well known in the cata community...
Without blowing my own trumpet yeah it’s pretty much the case , I know most of the community very well and take part in cleanups , event planning and other things that shouldn’t be mentioned in the forum often

There aren't many people that would offer non french speakers a chance to see the stuff outside the south of the grs and in the other networks that generally aren’t possible for outsiders to access , I don’t have to do it either it’s purely because of how much effort some people put in to show me stuff in London ( also big shout out to Jeremy for gifting me a signed copy of urbex in decay - it was a few years back now but I’m sure you’re on here , that really spiked my interest in urbex massively , after visiting normandsfield hospital a few months {?} prior to that , before I even knew what urbex was )

Lerosbif

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sorry English isn’t my preferred language for the forums , of course the invite to discover the catas of course extend to you, if you find yourself I. Paris you know who to call !@scoobysrt

Scoobysrt

28DL Full Member
My apologies, I dont know you personally and only see your current account so can only take things at face value :)

Appreciate your offer of the catacombs but one of my very good friends is a world renown expert down there and has already offered to take me down on a personal viewing of things not often photographed although I'm having second thoughts about doing underground stuff at all.

Lerosbif

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My apologies, I dont know you personally and only see your current account so can only take things at face value :)

Appreciate your offer of the catacombs but one of my very good friends is a world renown expert down there and has already offered to take me down on a personal viewing of things not often photographed although I'm having second thoughts about doing underground stuff at all.
It’s not gilles no? Small world , I’d really recommend a trip down under Paris , it’s super safe if you don’t start climbing through every single chaterie etc and most of it isn’t small inside at all