real time web analytics
Report - - Guiseley ROC Post, West Yorkshire - June 2018 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Guiseley ROC Post, West Yorkshire - June 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

moako

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A 1991 closure. The post is situated on a low mound in the corner of a field, next to a brick aircraft post which has been modified to house communications equipment and microwave antennas. The surface structures remain intact with flaking to the green paint.

image.png

image.png

Bomb power indicator (BPI) baffle.

image.png

There is an unlocked metal bar placed over the hatch. The hatch is locked and can be opened with a T-bar key.

image.png

image.png

A metal ventilation frame at the top of the access shaft has rusted and come away, intefering with the weight and preventing the hatch from opening fully. This was overcome by opening the hatch as far as it would initially go, and then reaching in to pull the weight clear of the protruding frame thus allowing it to drop.

image.png

The monitoring room is in tidy condition with some furniture remaining including bunks, cupboard, worktop, plastic chair and stools. The co-axial cable indicates that this was a 'master post', fitted with a VHF radio as a back-up in case connections to the TeleTalk were lost in the event of a nuclear explosion.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Connections and equipment for TeleTalk system.

image.png

image.png

Radio post power change-over switch.

image.png

Timer switch to turn off lights after staff have left the bunker.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Original chemical toilet, dust pan and Jerry can to store fuel.

image.png

image.png

Last edited:

5hep88

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That’s a nice one!! Makes my last post about rugeley look crap nice find man

moako

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That’s a nice one!! Makes my last post about rugeley look crap nice find man
Your report of the Rugeley post is a good one mate. Of the 15 posts I've visited so far only this and one other have been of a similar standard :)

Last edited:

5hep88

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Your report of the Rugeley post is a good one mate. Of the 15 posts I've visited so far only this and one other have been of a similar standard

Cheers bud, there’s a few round by me but rugeley has been the best so far. Nesscliffe roc is alright too but I think the local idiots have started going there so no doubt it’ll be burnt out soon