real time web analytics
Report - - Gwasg Gee Printers Wales 06-2012 | Noteworthy Reports | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Gwasg Gee Printers Wales 06-2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Gwasg Gee Printers Wales, also known as the littlest print works. visited with the littlest jellyfish. When it comes to exploring the thing i love the most is not getting up at 2am, not driving 200 miles, not sitting in a car park at 4am waiting for a stranger to suddenly stick his face up to the glass, but the thing i love the best is when you finally get in and before you sits a hidden treasure thats not seen touched in years and what we have here is just that. the excitement on our little faces as we waited for sunrise creeping around the building was immense. yes its not a pyestock its not huge but in many ways it's better than that, as most of the worthwhile stuff sits in one small room full of shelfs and drawers all you seem to do is just find yourself getting lost in the amazing world of exploring, for all those of thinking of going all i say to you is go. my only regret to posting this report is that one day it will find it's way on to the main web where some are less understanding and forgiving as us (28 days later). myself and Mr Jelly had a long discussion on weather to post or not as we felt that there is to much to loose here but at the same time a lot for others to gain by seeing the place so i hope you enjoy the photo's but better still i hope you get the urge to go and see it yourselfs..

History..Jelly fish many thanks.
‘Gwasg’ is Welsh for Press and ‘Gee’ relates to Thomas Gee (1780 - 1845, no relation to Dustin) who founded the business and whose son (also Thomas Gee, also no relation to Dustin) grew it, in the mid 19th century, into a publishing house with an enduring place in the history of Wales.

Thomas Gee Junior (1815 - 1898) became well known throughout Wales as a publisher, politician and nonconformist preacher. He was also a champion of the survival of the Welsh language at a time when it seemed it would be entirely replaced by English. His weekly newspaper Y Faner, first published in 1859, acquired a campaigning, radical reputation and served as a crucial tool in the fight for the religious and political freedom of Wales.

When Gwasg Gee closed in 2001, it was the oldest independent printing press in Wales. It is now Grade II* listed, but on the Buildings at Risk register.

geea.jpg

geeb.jpg

geec.jpg
geed.jpg

geee.jpg

geeee.jpg

geeeee.jpg

geef.jpg
geeg.jpg

geeh.jpg

geei.jpg
geej.jpg