real time web analytics
Report - - H Hey & Co, Woolen Mill Bradford. Oct 2010 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - H Hey & Co, Woolen Mill Bradford. Oct 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I had noticed this fine looking mill from the top of D Illingworth's tower further down the road. The mill has had a fire on the top floor destroying it's roof. The fine tower however was still standing and Spped, OT and I decided to give it as pop

As it turned out the mill itself was very well preserved, and still contained wooden trollies, skeps, original signs and other bits and bobs.

After milling around (lol) we found ourselves at the base of the tower. Two board ladders led to a small balcony with a horrendus steep wobbley ladder!

Cracking views over mill country and the chaos of demolition and half destroyed buildings that is the surrounding land. A highlight of the weekend for sure.

The offices still had one or two gems inside too, the best of which being a fire alarm system that still has indicators for the various depts of the wool mill.

Like to thank OT and Speed for still being as stupid as me for our love of rotten death trap towers:thumb

hay21of21.jpg

hay17of21.jpg

hay16of21.jpg

hay15of21.jpg

hay14of21.jpg

hay13of21.jpg

hay12of21.jpg

hay11of21.jpg

hay10of21.jpg

hay9of21.jpg

hay8of21.jpg

hay7of21.jpg