real time web analytics
Hồ Thuỷ Tiên (Waterpark)- Huế, Vietnam - January 2018 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Hồ Thuỷ Tiên (Waterpark)- Huế, Vietnam - January 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mike881NW

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History:

Taken from the net - Opened in 2004 at a price tag of approximately three million USD, the Ho Thuy Tien water park opened its gates to the public when it was only partially completed. Bankrolled by Company Hue Tourism, debuting a half-finished dream turned out to be a bad business move and the park wasn't open for long. Even with an excited population of park-goers flocking to Ho Thuy Tien, drawn by the promise of cool waters and good times, something was amiss. Within just a few years, the business continued to experience problems. After it shuttered, plans to resurrect the park from its fiscal troubles by turning it into an eco-park swirled throughout Hue’s local media as recently as 2013.

The explore:

I went travelling around Australasia from November 2017 to March 2018, I read about this place on the internet and naturally I had to explore it.....I was crapping myself at the time as I was on my own. It was funny because I read online before I headed there about a dodgy 'security' guard and that the park is just open to whoever. There was a fake 'security' guard at the main gate, he was wearing a light blue shirt and dark trousers, and he had a shoddy home made red band thing around his right elbow... obviously to dupe people! He even had a hammock tied up to the gate haha. He didn't try and stop me when I just walked through the open gate, however when I spoke to him he he only wanted 10 thousand dong ( about 35p) I paid him as I thought he deserved it for his efforts haha.

q9CCB.jpg

q9nEP.jpg

q9o41.jpg

q9z3F.jpg

q9IYg.jpg

q9Tva.jpg

q9uyJ.jpg

q9RTv.jpg

q95jR.jpg

q97Qp.jpg

q9aCN.jpg

q9cGI.jpg