Web
Analytics
Report - - Haddon Tunnel, Derbs, Jun15 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Haddon Tunnel, Derbs, Jun15

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
First visited a few years ago, but always wanted to return in the summer with the foliage in full bloom. The mists inside made this difficult to illuminate, so I have concentrated my report on the ambient lighting from the airshafts. This still remains one of my favourite tunnels, and a return visit did not disappoint.
Explored with KM Punk.

1058 yards long, it was built in 1862 so the Duke of Rutland wouldn’t have to see a train line run along his estate near Haddon Hall. Part of the Beeching report, it closed in 1968. There have been proposals to reopen the tunnel as a footpath, and more recently as an extension to the peak rail heritage line.

IMG_8952.jpg

IMG_8959.jpg

IMG_8969.jpg

IMG_8971.jpg

IMG_8980.jpg

wide angle shot showing both parts of the tunnel
IMG_8989.jpg

IMG_8995.jpg

IMG_9005.jpg

mists in the tunnel
IMG_9008.jpg

IMG_9017.jpg
IMG_9024.jpg
IMG_9033.jpg

And finally
IMG_9043.jpg

thanks for looking

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ditto the above matey :thumb

Your pics have come out well, especially with that level of moisture in the interesting bit (typically) I did like this tunnel though i have to admit .

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
You got some good snaps
Good day out :thumb
cheers mate; good day out

Ditto the above matey :thumb

Your pics have come out well, especially with that level of moisture in the interesting bit (typically) I did like this tunnel though i have to admit .
Thanks mate :) Its a great tunnel to photograph
And great to meet up with you recently for an explore :) Shame I couldn't have stopped out longer