real time web analytics
Video Report - - Haggs Mine Explore, Nenthead | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Video Report - Haggs Mine Explore, Nenthead

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UKAME

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
New video up, and in this one Haggs mine ensures we are fully wet, before revealing it's beautiful alien formations and amazingly beautiful, colourful shale bandings to us :

The earliest workings around Haggs Mine where developed before the actual horse level was driven. These consisted of levels and trials north of the horse level. One of the larger levels was the High Raise Low Level, which worked the High Raise Vein discovered in 1789 by the Brownley Hill Company. There is no reference that shows when the Haggs Horse Level was first started, but records indicate that the Nentsberry Haggs Vein was being worked in 1737, which is the course of the horse level.

The mines output was the greatest until 1938, after this the mine was worked sporadically by a number of different companies. Finally the last operator, the Anglo-Austral Company stopped its operations in 1953, with the mine being formally abandoned on the last day in 1958.

Video Link :

Some Screenshots.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

View attachment 941533