real time web analytics
Report - - Hair by Betty Eaton - Hull - April 2014 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hair by Betty Eaton - Hull - April 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
A nice little hair salon that sits on the roadside boarded up and overgrown in the suburbs of Hull. The place has been closed for a few years now. Originally owned by Betty Eaton an interesting local lady with a colourful history.

A local Councillor for 30 years Betty Eaton was never afraid to voice her opinions, she once appeared in the council chamber at County Hall wearing a gag after Labour Councillors invoked standing orders to prevent her from speaking after she had launched one of her typical scathing attacks on their policies.

She also called for lager louts to be put in Beverley's medieval stocks and once branded anti-racism campaigners as "weirdos".

By all accounts the lady was a unique character and spent many successful years running this salon. Unfortunately I struggled to find much information on the business itself so settled for the above.

An interesting little local place to spend some time. Strange one for me as I've had a shaved head for 10+ years now so it's been a while since I stepped inside a barbers.

5_zps8557b758.jpg

19_zps2b6151bf.jpg

22_zps696817a3.jpg

20_zps15991370.jpg

16_zps1ed935d1.jpg

15_zpscf6acf97.jpg

13_zpsba8786c9.jpg

14_zpse551a8fc.jpg

12_zps16fa1761.jpg

17_zps16ae70a8.jpg

There is also a derp house nearby so I popped in to play a tune...

10_zps3485621a.jpg

Thanks for looking.​

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
F*ck - has this closed down?

Now where will I get my bouffant and blue rinse done?

Matt Inked

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice pictures mate. I got confused when I saw the piano at the bottom until I read the caption.

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
Nice pictures mate. I got confused when I saw the piano at the bottom until I read the caption.

Thanks man. Yeah the house is certainly not worth a report but you can't beat a good deRp piano so I thought I'd include the shot as it's only a stones throw away.

rich1986

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Brill Stuff. Is this still around or is it long gone? Would love to do a video there but don't even know where it is or was