Web
Analytics
Report - - Hall Farm, Packington, Leicestershire - July 2016 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Hall Farm, Packington, Leicestershire - July 2016

elhomer12

Maglite size T-rex, It's time for urbex!
Regular User
"There has been a substantial farmhouse on the site for several centuries, although the current farmhouse is believe to have been constructed around 1850" - mattdonut

There isn't much information available about this farm, or even what it farmed in its heyday, but it seems it was in use up until at least the '70s from the paperwork upstairs.
The farm can be seen on maps as early as 1881, simply labelled as 'The Hall', appearing in almost the exact same configuration as it is today.

Today, despite the site apparently being cleared around a year ago, the farmhouse still stands empty, and the yards overgrown once more. The site now seems to be owned by Pinehouse Ltd, who have applied for planning permission to redevelop the site. This includes the conversion of the house and big barn, with the rest being demo'd for new houses.

7Ig45oB.jpg

VP5zzfV.jpg

QAw0II7.jpg

RXUQ4vx.jpg

s15qj4d.jpg

t6SbfW1.jpg

The kitchen is pretty trashed now

dLllaxG.jpg

EdOQkfn.jpg

2NttqYV.jpg

qQWInOp.jpg

View over the yard

M9nk2R9.jpg

cmaPZmj.jpg

EBvtJYL.jpg

View to what seemed to be the front of the farmhouse

yzheB03.jpg

An old duplicator left upstairs in the barn (I shamefully had to google what it was)

yfUVLA0.jpg

Another part of the upstairs barn - Electric meter still working as well​

Attachments

Last edited:

elhomer12

Maglite size T-rex, It's time for urbex!
Regular User
Cheers :thumb

I'm a little annoyed I forgot to go into the other little barn, I saw somebody else's photos on another site and it looked all original. Won't be going back just for that though.

Punk

Irregular Member
Regular User
Nice to see a report from the central county :p
You've got some nice pics, @The Wombat will like this
Good to see a report from you :thumb

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
Had a look at this last year, but it was sealed up tight
Good work, excellent photos

miffytherabbit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My dad spent a good part of his childhood in Packington, and knew this farm and its residents very well indeed (in particular, he was good friends with one of the daughters who has remained in the general area. Her children were good school friends of mine at the nearby Breedon on the Hill primary school in the 1970's, before we eventually moved to Shropshire.) I sent him a link to this page, and he was quite sad to see how decrepit the farm had become. Whilst it's not the "manor" of the village, it was one of the more important houses in Packington when my dad lived there in the late 40's/early 50's. All the same, it's fascinating to see this.

valblaccknighter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My dad spent a good part of his childhood in Packington, and knew this farm and its residents very well indeed (in particular, he was good friends with one of the daughters who has remained in the general area. Her children were good school friends of mine at the nearby Breedon on the Hill primary school in the 1970's, before we eventually moved to Shropshire.) I sent him a link to this page, and he was quite sad to see how decrepit the farm had become. Whilst it's not the "manor" of the village, it was one of the more important houses in Packington when my dad lived there in the late 40's/early 50's. All the same, it's fascinating to see this.
Awh that's a beautiful story, thank you for sharing. It's a shame it's just going to be knocked down for more housing.
Oh well, at least someone loved it once <3

lucyh606

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
visited myself a couple of weeks back, the whole building is secure but the gate on the fence was left slightly open, had a nice wander around but had to be carful because of neighbours etc, nothing left in the outhouses all are pretty much empty, the whole site is going to be redeveloped into houses which is a shame