real time web analytics
Report - - Hallam Tower Hotel - Sheffield - March 2014 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hallam Tower Hotel - Sheffield - March 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tomtrow90

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
HALLAM TOWER HOTEL-SHEFFIELD

Hallam Tower Hotel was first built in 1963. Designed by Nelson Foley at a cost of around 1 million pound with 136 rooms over 11 floors in its days was a thriving hotel. This hotel was highly desirable from high profile celebrities and singers of its era. With the hotel changing names and management and additions being made to its facilities came different clientele for the business. Being sold in 2004 for 6.3 million to Hallam Grange Ltd. It still stands for re-development into residential homes, but as of 2013 it is back on the market for sale.
As we enter, we ran down the ramp and quickly to cover in the bottom corner of the grounds. Taking on combat formation in the ivy filled corner we inspected our entrance and looked for bystanders. Seeing our coast was clear we simultaneously and quite literally hopped skipped and jumped into the plant room. We scouted around for easy access to the main building with no avail. We eventually clambered and crawled under the shuttered concrete flooring and found our way in. We made our way up and onto the first floor like a team of highly trained marines with stealth like movement. We performed our "assault" with precision and efficiency. The wind howled from outside and our breath was visible creating a very surreal and apocalyptic atmosphere.

SAM_0817_zps93cfa770.jpg

Searching around the different floors of the building, we found the fuse room. Quick pic time.....

SAM_0818_zps7ea5a5bf.jpg

"Apocalypse Now" Love the "Resident Evil" looking shots.

_SAM0838_zps081a78d9.jpg

SAM_0825_zpsedbd95d4.jpg

As we progressed through the building we were dissapointed to find that we had reached the top floor. Here we stood and smoked a cigarette and took in the views of the surrounding areas and the city. Wondering and discussing who and what might have taken place in this hotel over its busy life span. Wondering what Cilla Black may have done in her en suite bathroom (Well 2 of us did. Each to their own)

_SAM0850_zps5cfb1e49.jpg

As we conversed about days gone by and future explorations, one of us had slid away and made his way up into the "Attic". Oblivious of his disappearance he fooled us into thinking we had company. As we scurried about he couldn't help but laugh and give himself away. We followed him up there hoping we could access the roof. Unfortunately not. But the plant room made for some more good shots.

_SAM0854_zps8578d5f4.jpg

_SAM0860_zps42d3d888.jpg

Cool looking turbine object

aeae9f3a-d5c9-4dc0-842e-a1aacafa37b7_zps62fdbc45.jpg

_SAM0847_zpse0c8f3e3.jpg

On our way out I wanted one last photo which turned out to be among the best of the day in my opinion. Our escape was just as militarised as our entrance. We clambered under the same shuttered concrete flooring of the services tunnel and grouped at the exit. One by one we jumped from the ducting, on full alert we ran and made it back.

Thanks for looking. :) over and out.

Last edited:

tomtrow90

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks very much! Haha would be rude not to capture a good old plant room in these places. love it!!

Infinity

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great photo's mate:thumb I had heard that this wasn't accessible anymore due to redevelopment but glad to see it is. Will have to head there soon, has been on my list for some time!

coverdaleparkes

28DL Member
28DL Member
Just wondering how did you get up? I didn't fully understand your instrustions! We got into the grounds yesterday but couldn't find a way up! Could you help?

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Just wondering how did you get up? I didn't fully understand your instrustions! We got into the grounds yesterday but couldn't find a way up! Could you help?

This is a public forum mate - people don't discuss the specifics of access, after all if you can see the thread, then so can site security (who could use the info to secure it better), local chavs, metal thieves, arsonists, etc. etc.

And, as people here don't know you - not even an 'introduction' thread in the new members section - for all we know you could even be any of the above yourself :rolleyes: