real time web analytics
Report - - Hallam Towers, Sheffield - December '11 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hallam Towers, Sheffield - December '11

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

sim2lew

Likes a good derp
28DL Full Member
Visited with mstarmatt.

HISTORY
Quoted from aem:
The hotel opened in 1965 ready for Sheffield to host group matches in the 1966 World Cup and in time for the Swiss team to be based there. It later became the Forte Posthouse and then a Holiday Inn.

Plans for redevelopment are currently up in the air. The out buildings are to be demolished (pool already gone) and only the tower itself will be kept. Demo work has currently been stopped while plans are decided. The first thee levels have been pretty much wiped out, while the remainder are in a sorry state with all the bathrooms, wiring and doors being removed with a sledgehammer.

PICTURES

Decided to do something a little different and comprise the report out of processed images. The full set will be available but feel free to shout at me :eek:

[1]
IMG_1982.jpg

[2]
IMG_2002.jpg

[3]
IMG_2035.jpg

[4]
IMG_2038.jpg

[5]
IMG_2043.jpg

[6]
IMG_2049.jpg

[7]
IMG_2055.jpg

[8]
IMG_2073.jpg

[9]
IMG_2077.jpg

Well, it's a bit different. Many thanks to mstarmatt for picking me up so close to where I'm staying (I'm such a lazy so and so.) The full set including "clean" images is available for your delectation right here on photobucket.

Thanks for looking and happy new year everyone! :bananapopcorn​