real time web analytics
Report - - Hallam Towers, Sheffield - October 2016 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hallam Towers, Sheffield - October 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Abandoned-Sheffield

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
One of the first sites that I visited when first being introduced to urban exploring, I wasn't disappointed at the tremendous view of Sheffield that was on offer at the top of this building.

You can view all my photos from this explore here on my Flickr.

Background:
Located in the Broomhill area of Sheffield, the Hallam Tower Hotel operated 136 bedrooms over its eleven stories, employed nearly 150 staff members and covered a three and a half acre site. The hotel eventually closed, along with the attached Spirit Health Club, on 18 April 2004, with some staff transferring to the Holiday Inn Royal Victoria in central Sheffield. Since its closure the building stood empty for many years, although planning permission was granted in 2009 for a redevelopment of the tower into residential units. In 2017, it was planned that most of the tower would be demolished and then rebuilt with taller storeys to support proposals for apartments and townhouses.

The tower was demolished between September and October 2017, after the death of a 19 year old student who fell whilst on the site.

The explore:
Entry to this place was surprisingly easy, owing to the countless amounts of people that must've been here before. But nether the less, I decide to give this another explore anyway, before the rumours of demolition became true. it's possible to go onto every of the eleven stories, until you eventually emerge at the top of the building to be greeted with a great view over Sheffield - which provides a great place for a few scenic shots.

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 235) View details