real time web analytics
Report - - Hamilton Palace, Uckfield. July 2019 REPOST | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hamilton Palace, Uckfield. July 2019 REPOST

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Syntax

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So some of you may have seen my original post in 2017 which included both interior and exterior shots and some comments about the onsite security.

In May I was contacted via email and threatened with legal action due to the content included in my report. Without going into too much detail, I was ‘strongly advised’ to remove specific content (images and text) so I immediately contacted 28DL moderators and asked for the full report to be taken down.

Although I’m not legally obliged to act upon the ‘request’ to remove content, I have done so as a gesture of goodwill and as a favour to the honest and respectable landowner...

Here is the modified original post:

n 1985 a wealthy crook set about building a vast mansion in East Sussex nestled between his so called ‘moronic peasant’ neighbours.

Project display of wealth failed miserably. The £40million shell of a palace has sat empty for years encased in a rusted coat of rental scaffolding and patrolled by on site contracted security.

In a nutshell, the palace was completely secured so there was no legit entry point. We had too much invested in this explore and we couldn’t go home empty handed, we needed a plan B. Armed with M&S chicken & bacon sandwiches and in sight of Hoogstratens pre-empted mausoleum we decided on a risky but last ditch attempt to infiltrate the palace. In a nutshell, one of us deliberately caused a scene close to the portagoon which encouraged them to search the inside of the ‘palace’ whilst unknowingly
Inviting us in.

The interior was bare to say the least. A lift was clearly the most important feature of the palace so was installed before the walls were plastered. The basement was home to a plethora of personal effects including a stranded security buggy that is larger than its escape route.

The history of the palace is well documented so I will not include.
1562793875149.jpg

1562793892015.jpg

1562793909723.jpg

1562793928365.jpg

1562793946801.jpg

1562793963699.jpg

1562793979911.jpg

1562793998372.jpg

1562794014718.jpg

1562794029555.jpg

1562794043382.jpg

1562794059157.jpg

oleo.21

oleophotos
28DL Full Member
I remember going back in May 2017. At the time my mate and I lived fairly local and lots of people we knew warned us and told me this was the one place not to attempt. Nonetheless we still went. Didn't get inside, we got as far as the front windows when we noticed a man in a tweed jacket on the inside who pointed at us to leave immediately. My friend thought he had a knife in his hand but I'm not sure if that was his imagination just in the heat of the moment. Due to the nature of this place we did leave straight away but I've been tempted to re-try it ever since.

Syntax

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I remember going back in May 2017. At the time my mate and I lived fairly local and lots of people we knew warned us and told me this was the one place not to attempt. Nonetheless we still went. Didn't get inside, we got as far as the front windows when we noticed a man in a tweed jacket on the inside who pointed at us to leave immediately. My friend thought he had a knife in his hand but I'm not sure if that was his imagination just in the heat of the moment. Due to the nature of this place we did leave straight away but I've been tempted to re-try it ever since.

Try again! What's the worst that could happen? Oh....

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Risky move, Ive heard things about this place. But I must say good report, Kudos for imagination getting in. Hope it stays up this time.

Syntax

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Out of interest how do owners/police etc get your details from a username on a site?

Unfortunately we don't really have an answer to that. I wouldn't recommend visiting this place..
But if anyone manages to get inside like we did, take loads of pictures and post them to the forum ! :) Stay safe.......

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Unfortunately we don't really have an answer to that. I wouldn't recommend visiting this place..
But if anyone manages to get inside like we did, take loads of pictures and post them to the forum ! :) Stay safe.......

Yep I wont be visiting, not after my mate reccied it and got chased by 2 men in black range rovers, bless him he didnt know its history lol. Im steering well clear

Syntax

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yep I wont be visiting, not after my mate reccied it and got chased by 2 men in black range rovers, bless him he didnt know its history lol. Im steering well clear

Similar story to someone else i know... scary sh*t.
This urbex is worth a try, but you need to know the history and be on high alert at all times!!

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 387) View details