real time web analytics
Hampshire UK: Looking for abandoned vehicle/ vehicle sites in the South East area | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Hampshire UK: Looking for abandoned vehicle/ vehicle sites in the South East area

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

catepotate

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm a Graphic designer/ Photographer in my final year of Uni and looking to visit some abandoned/ disused sites. I am on the hunt for Car/Bus/Train graveyards and any sites containing old vehicles, around Hampshire and surrounding areas. I am local to both Winchester & Fleet. I am particularly interested in those with Type on as I am looking to research and examine typefaces and to restore them. If you know any sites like this, or even just solitary abandoned vehicles please let me know the location details so I can take a peek and research more! Thanks :)

amfalconer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There is (or was) an old bus graveyard over by Shoreham - there was a fire a short while back, so not sure how much, if anything is still there, directly over the road was an old cement works which I think might be undergoing demolition - Haven't been over there for a while.

There are a couple of sites with old vehicles just north of Winchester, but likely nothing you'd find very interesting.

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
I'm a Graphic designer/ Photographer in my final year of Uni and looking to visit some abandoned/ disused sites. I am on the hunt for Car/Bus/Train graveyards and any sites containing old vehicles, around Hampshire and surrounding areas. I am local to both Winchester & Fleet. I am particularly interested in those with Type on as I am looking to research and examine typefaces and to restore them. If you know any sites like this, or even just solitary abandoned vehicles please let me know the location details so I can take a peek and research more! Thanks :)

The idea of research is that it starts with the location. No one is just going to hand over locations to you certainly not here anyway.

catepotate

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My research is on typography influenced by the visual language of motor vehicles, not on abandoned sites themselves; luckily some nicer people than yourself have helped me out, seeing as my deadline is fast approaching. I was looking for tips on known locations, not for secret sites.

catepotate

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The idea of research is that it starts with the location. No one is just going to hand over locations to you certainly not here anyway.

My research is on typography influenced by the visual language of motor vehicles, not on abandoned sites themselves; luckily some nicer people than yourself have helped me out, seeing as my deadline is fast approaching. I was looking for tips on known locations, not for secret sites.

catepotate

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There is (or was) an old bus graveyard over by Shoreham - there was a fire a short while back, so not sure how much, if anything is still there, directly over the road was an old cement works which I think might be undergoing demolition - Haven't been over there for a while.

There are a couple of sites with old vehicles just north of Winchester, but likely nothing you'd find very interesting.

Thanks for your help!

Who has read this thread (Total: 140) View details