real time web analytics
Report - - Hanley Swan/Malvern Waste incinerator, April 2017 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hanley Swan/Malvern Waste incinerator, April 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Denning

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There have been many reports on this site therefore I’m not going to go over the history as I will be repeating what many have already said.

However the current state of the building and site is even further disrepair than the previous reports. It has been battered by the weather as well as vandals. Lots of graffiti too.

There’s a farm and a couple of residential properties at the front of the site- therefore I decided to park up the road and walk down to the site and across a public footpath that crosses the land around the main building complex.

Currently the building is enclosed with heras fence panels- but a tight squeeze underneath one of the panels at the rear of the building and you’re in!

As I was walking around the ground floor/dodging hazards which are everywhere, some locals decided to do some motor-cross in the field which echoed around the floor to ceiling space.

I loved the green mould staining on the concrete unloading bays- I wondered if anyone has balanced along the middle of the 2 bays?

DSCF3230.JPG
DSCF3232.JPG
DSCF3229.JPG
DSCF3218.JPG
DSCF3213.JPG
DSCF3212.JPG
DSCF3211.JPG
DSCF3209.JPG
DSCF3205.JPG
DSCF3204.JPG
DSCF3195.JPG
DSCF3194.JPG
DSCF3191.JPG
DSCF3189.JPG
DSCF3188.JPG

There is also what looks like a former water treatment station in the field behind the building which was pretty interesting to look around to.
DSCF3225.JPG
DSCF3226.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF3202.JPG
    DSCF3202.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 27

the_enigma

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Any idea what those fans (?) are for in the open doorway? Seems a bit of a strange place to have them. Also that's probably one of the smallest water treatment buildings I've ever come across!

Sandy13

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No longer accessible.

Visited the incinerator about 6mths ago and it was still accessible. Visited last month in the hope of getting in again. We had just got inside when we noticed a car pull up. For the next couple of hours we hung back in a field and more and more hard hats turned up. We spoke to one of the farmers across the road and the impression was that it was going to be turned back into a working incinerator. Went back today in the hope work hasn’t started. Sadly it had. Don’t waste a trip out here.

Gorgi

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Any idea what those fans (?) are for in the open doorway? Seems a bit of a strange place to have them. Also that's probably one of the smallest water treatment buildings I've ever come across!
They sit next to the ash chute & are probably bellows for the cumbustion chambers below.

Gorgi

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My Pal edged his way across the ridge between the two pits. I don't have a pic though.