real time web analytics
Report - - Hanson Brick Works - West Yorkshire June 11 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hanson Brick Works - West Yorkshire June 11

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

God

Bloody Everywhere
28DL Full Member
Yet another one I have never got round to posting, who knows, one day I may get up to date! Not to sure what the deal is regarding this site so I'm posting in non-public, mods feel free to move it out if its ok!

Visited with DHL, Dr Howser and Bubblehead!​
Nice last explore for the day, with what seemed like quite an active security guard :rolleyes:

Not much to post on the history of the site and DHL has already adequately reported it, so i'm sure he won't mind a bit of theft :gay

A brick-making factory in West Yorkshire has closed and all 45 staff have been made redundant.

The closure of the Hanson site in Leeds, has been blamed on the downturn in the building industry.

A Hanson spokesman said the UK brick market had fallen by 40% in the last year and the closure was a "tough but necessary" decision.

Plant operative Ian Ball, who has worked at the factory for 29 years, said staff were gutted.

He said: "It's like a tight-knit community here and all the lads are gutted.

"We've always pulled through in the past but I've never known it as bad as this time."

Mark Whiteley has worked at the factory since he left school 15 years ago.

"It's all I've known, I've never done anything else," he said.

"Now I've got to re-train - I've got three kids and they come first, they are my main priority and I've got to get a job to provide for them."

Photos

IMG_0186Custom.jpg

IMG_0184Custom.jpg

IMG_0176Custom.jpg

IMG_0171Custom.jpg

IMG_0168Custom.jpg

IMG_0162Custom.jpg

IMG_0160Custom.jpg

IMG_0156Custom.jpg

IMG_0148Custom.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details