real time web analytics
Information - - Harbottle ROC Post - Northumberland, 2018 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Harbottle ROC Post - Northumberland, 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Olkka

Chillin at the structure
Regular User
Token ROC Post Database Update Contribution

Spoiler alert, it's not what we hope it is. I see the last word from this one was from 09. Nearly a decade later I feel up for a quick weening out of its merits.

Rurexing
So there have been next to no notable interactions between myself and an ROC post. I'm no ROC vet and I'm yet to experience a non-minger. But Harbottle... was for sure my favourite thus far, simply because of its setting. Well... The story goes, we were on one of our driving round Northumberland Sundays, and I had a check to see if there were any ROC posts near where we were on a whim. This lead us to Harbottle ROC, a 1960 build and a 1991 closure. After a bit of effort to slide it open with high hopes, we were met with sheer disappointment that the whole inside had been turned into some sort of water storage facility. After a few minutes of ah fuck's sake however, we took a look around at where this particular post sits. The mood really got rescued. It's up there for amongst the most cracking vistas of the British countryside one can get. We popped open some snacks and Newcastle Brown as the sun began to set. If you're ever passing by, it's worth it even to just sit on the vent and admire for a little bit.

Premium countryside

img-3247-2.jpeg

Happytobehere vibes

IMG_3214.JPG

Ach, buggeration... Better luck next time.

IMG_3227.JPG

Well, a nice pit stop nonetheless. Off and away again

IMG_3204.JPG

O

Roc explorers

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Token ROC Post Database Update Contribution

Spoiler alert, it's not what we hope it is. I see the last word from this one was from 09. Nearly a decade later I feel up for a quick weening out of its merits.

Rurexing
So there have been next to no notable interactions between myself and an ROC post. I'm no ROC vet and I'm yet to experience a non-minger. But Harbottle... was for sure my favourite thus far, simply because of its setting. Well... The story goes, we were on one of our driving round Northumberland Sundays, and I had a check to see if there were any ROC posts near where we were on a whim. This lead us to Harbottle ROC, a 1960 build and a 1991 closure. After a bit of effort to slide it open with high hopes, we were met with sheer disappointment that the whole inside had been turned into some sort of water storage facility. After a few minutes of ah fuck's sake however, we took a look around at where this particular post sits. The mood really got rescued. It's up there for amongst the most cracking vistas of the British countryside one can get. We popped open some snacks and Newcastle Brown as the sun began to set. If you're ever passing by, it's worth it even to just sit on the vent and admire for a little bit.

Premium countryside

img-3247-2.jpeg

Happytobehere vibes

IMG_3214.JPG

Ach, buggeration... Better luck next time.

IMG_3227.JPG

Well, a nice pit stop nonetheless. Off and away again

IMG_3204.JPG

O
Is it flooded ?

Who has read this thread (Total: 145) View details