real time web analytics
Report - - Harold Wood Hospital, Essex - May 2010 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Harold Wood Hospital, Essex - May 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
I wasn't going to bother with a report, but I think I had just about enough photos to make it worthwhile, so may as well. Being very bored at the weekend, myself, Frosty and Obscurity decided to take ourselves off here to have a looksie. It was also the first exploring outing of the new car, the first of many I'm sure! :D

Our visit to this place was cut short by Mr security guard together with dog handler and badly trained dog, and a visit from the police who were very professional and just let us on our way. Becasue of this minor setback we only got to see inside the big main hospital building and didn't get to see the mortuary or other parts of the complex like we were hoping. However Harold Wood is more than a mortuary (even if the rest of it is quite knackered.)

Harold wood hospital closed its doors in 2006, and plans were submitted for housing. As far as I can work out these plans are being objected to by local residents resulting in a long drawn out process and leaving the site in limbo at the moment.

This place is used by Air Soft players, there were thousands of pellets everywhere inside the place, and players on another part of the site when we were in the building. It's a good job we exited that building when we did, as it was their next playing area and that could have hurt lots!

We managed precisely one building before being busted, although it is the biggest one it is the least interesting.

Anyway, have some pics!

1. Outside
image-087.jpg

2. Operating Theatres
image-004.jpg

image-030.jpg

4. Corridors etc.
image-043.jpg

image-062.jpg

image-077.jpg

image-056.jpg

image-047.jpg