Web
Analytics
Report - - Harolds Wood Hospital, Essex, Dec 2011 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Harolds Wood Hospital, Essex, Dec 2011

warpaint

Take a trip
28DL Full Member
Brief History (as I know this has been done before):

The hospital was opened in 1909, but it wasn’t until after WW2 that it was permanently used as a hospital.
It closed in December 2006 and has since had construction work on the site to make way for residential buildings.

So I visited with Urbexlust and 2 other non-members, getting on site was surprisingly easy and we went unnoticed right until the end when we were leaving and ended up having to make a run for it. We had a few close encounters but mostly had the place to ourselves.
This is just a report to show where Harolds Wood is at, I’d like to revisit sometime soon before the main buildings go.

Thanks to Skeleton Key for some helpful hints :thumb

wbvy44.jpg

21l795f.jpg

2vt79jm.jpg

bgnwv9.jpg

1on79c.jpg

2pobdpe.jpg

330tmc2.jpg

nt5qs.jpg

11brxmu.jpg

wlp0n5.jpg

xnta8o.jpg