real time web analytics
Report - - Harperbury Hospital (2007/11/18) | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Harperbury Hospital (2007/11/18)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

R

RedDave

I visited Harperbury again, to see some things I missed on my first visit (18th August). Access to the buildings around the common was still just as easy, except for one building which is still boarded up. There's been no reboarding of any of the buildings which were open on my last visit as far as I can see.

First I went to the Activity Centre, to photograph the ceiling, and find the pool log. It was in the pool.

Activity Centre kitchen
Harperbury22.jpg

Pool log
Harperbury23.jpg

Ceiling
Harperbury24.jpg

Commode
Harperbury25.jpg

I didn't get into the school on the previous visit, because it adjoins the activity centre
(and I think is accessible from there via a lavatory) and I thought I'd gone all the way along.

Classroom, now tagged. The rainbow is part of the original decor, though. The floor had given way in a few places.
Harperbury26.jpg

Corridor
Harperbury27.jpg

Another classroom
Harperbury28.jpg

While inside the school, I heard footsteps, either in another part of the school or the activity centre. If it was one of you lot, I would have liked to have met you. Other possibilities were a pikey or a chav. I think I can rule out a security guard (what security?). They didn't hear me, I left the school sharpish and looked back -- nobody. I then went to another part of the site, looking in on the padded cell on the way there.

What it says. All boarded up.
Harperbury29.jpg

Grand piano and drum machine. Not the sort of thing you see every day.
Harperbury30.jpg

Another part of the site. Mostly boarded up, difficult (at least for me) entry to two buildings. And it was getting dark. I'll try again some other time.
Harperbury31.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details