real time web analytics
Report - - Harpurhey Baths 02|02|08 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Harpurhey Baths 02|02|08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

N

NorthMancBeds

Well, what can I say. I've been waiting for something decent to put up as my first post. The dedicated men of Manchester are quite awesome due to the standard at which they operate; there are some amazing photographers as well as serious explorers.

I'm not new to this, been at it most of my adult life. Some form of evidence can be seen at www.manctransit.co.uk. Anyway I was in full schoolboy error mode this morning; bits of tripod missing, phone out of juice, alone, spur of the moment, need I go on? Daft, but worthwhile.

I'd scoped the baths a couple of weeks ago after seeing the earlier reports on here. I was away last weekend, and my better half is away this. I woke up at 6.40 and just thought I should have a pop. It was dark when I got there and light when I left, it took a while to get the metering right on my trusty compact, but after a bit I got some images I was happy with.

harp016.jpg

harp004.jpg

harp005.jpg

harp003.jpg

harp015.jpg

harp010.jpg

harp011.jpg

harp001.jpg

harp002.jpg

harp012.jpg

harp013.jpg

harp014.jpg

harp006.jpg

harp009.jpg

harp008.jpg

harp007.jpg

I only noticed the basement on the way out. The plenum chambers surround each pool. It's a shame all the architectural salvage has been stolen, taps, windows and tiles have all fallen victim. Still, it sort of feels like a personal Hathersage Road, a real privilege to be there.

I hope I got all of the protocol right and that you enjoy the pictures.