Web
Analytics
Report - - Hartford mill (exterior) - september 2017 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Hartford mill (exterior) - september 2017

little_ boy_explores

28DL Regular User
Regular User
History and explore

https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1210026
There is hardly any info on this place but i did find this link from wiki so if you're interested click the link.

The explore
We decided to go to Manchester for the day to explore some of the mills, we knew there were some massive mills in Manchester but this took us by surprise... coming around the corner we just saw this humongous chimney sticking up and then we noticed some leaves growing out of the side, so we went for a closer look. We pulled up and saw Hartford mill, painted on the side of the building. Hartford mill was on our check-list so we parked up climbed the fence and immediately saw fire damage all over the building and fly tipping all around the building, we knew this was not safe to go in so we looked
around the building quickly and got out of there.
... glad we did not go in
Teenager dies after falling from abandoned Oldham mill - Manchester ...

wF3tI6V.jpg

pLB8OcL.jpg

IsJSwnS.jpg

vPefiLh.jpg

dpAeiNR.jpg

nz1Mck9.jpg

Zs6Xoip.jpg

rbuoyrf.jpg

7cI7TZK.jpg

n58ZUVc.jpg

iUCzAzh.jpg

little_ boy_explores

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Still nice pics and a solid report, we've been thinking about going there for a while, is there literally no floor?
Well we did not go in so we don't know if there is a floor... but i would highly suggest not to go in there. The floor will be weak because of all the fire damage and there is bound to be people taking drugs there. But if you do go in good luck :thumb

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Well we did not go in so we don't know if there is a floor... but i would highly suggest not to go in there. The floor will be weak because of all the fire damage and there is bound to be people taking drugs there. But if you do go in good luck :thumb
I do love a bit of external speculation :D

Idle Hands

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Good solid building that, all things considered! As with anything you just need to exercise caution and know your limits...

host

28DL Regular User
Regular User
why didn't you go in ? there's no smack heads and it won't fall down around you, as pointed out its very solid unless you go looking for danger. I know it seems a bit off putting some of these places but you will be fine if you use caution. Go back and get inside. you will gain more confidence and experience by doing so..Enjoy.

little_ boy_explores

28DL Regular User
Regular User

Six

Super Moderator
Staff member
The kid fell off the roof or out a window. As long as you don't go hanging off the place there's literally zero way for you to fall from this place.

It's perfectly fine inside. I've spent more time than I care to admit in there and I don't even like Mills that much. :D

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
He might be, but like many he's been inside the mill. You can fall to your death anywhere, a 5 star hotel, roof of the Health and Safety Executive or even a top bunkbed if your unlucky. It wasn't the state of the building that killed the teenager, tbh it's bloody hard to fall out or off something in Hartford Mill.

Sad, but this fall was probably due to the mental health of the teenager as well as his use of legal highs. http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...er-news/family-teen-killed-mill-fall-12282287

little_ boy_explores

28DL Regular User
Regular User
He might be, but like many he's been inside the mill. You can fall to your death anywhere, a 5 star hotel, roof of the Health and Safety Executive or even a top bunkbed if your unlucky. It wasn't the state of the building that killed the teenager, tbh it's bloody hard to fall out or off something in Hartford Mill.
The kid fell off the roof or out a window. As long as you don't go hanging off the place there's literally zero way for you to fall from this place.

It's perfectly fine inside. I've spent more time than I care to admit in there and I don't even like Mills that much. :D
At the end of the day I personally think that the building is not safe... but thanks for the feed back any way :D

albino-jay

28DL Regular User
Regular User
At the end of the day I personally think that the building is not safe... but thanks for the feed back any way :D

You wont be getting to see the inside of many buildings then.

How can you make judgement on if the building is safe without seeing it?

like everyone has said just take care and pay attention to wear you are walking and you will be fine. Not that you have to do that with this Mill.

Tommytucka

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Place is perfectly safe I was in there the week before last, a lot of these abandoned buildings are in bad condition, but if you think its going to fall down around you I'm here to tell you you're wrong, as above just exercise caution and don't go hanging out the windows etc