real time web analytics
General - - Hartford Mill - Oldham - Soon to be missing from the Skyline | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - Hartford Mill - Oldham - Soon to be missing from the Skyline

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Another Mill in Oldham will soon be demolished. This was Grade 2 listed, but that means bugger all these days.

Probably the first steps of many Northeast Manchester explorers, the easy access and size of the place made it tempting for many. Gutted inside for years, but the engine house was always worth a visit as well as the unique hole in the roof. If you fancy a visit or even a revisit get here soon, as when Oldham Council want to demolish something it happens fast! The mill unfortunately is well beyond repair.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/n...adlines/90598/final-curtain-for-derelict-mill

Demolition Company is now in-situ at W H Shaw at Diggle, can see some of that being flattened soon for the new school.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Shame as was FW Dixons show piece and I imagine stunning when in full swing

It's been neglected and left to rot to the point it would cost over 30 million to do anything useful with it

Sadly I have to say it's time to go now and a crying shame it wasn't restored/converted since it closed in 1969 :(

Bigian88

The Massive Mancunian
28DL Full Member
The building and surrounding area is a dump, I visited it in January and it wAs burnt out recently, leaking water and nothing but rubbish everywhere :(

Tommytucka

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This was my first explore a few year back, wasn't great then and every time I drive past it just gets worse, it will be a sad day when this place goes.

Baggy trousers

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Its hard to imagine it being derelict for so long, it's got to be a record amongst mills of its type right?

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Fair to say I don't have a great memory of this mill, some little shites set fire to it whilst I was inside a few years back. Needless to say we got out pretty damn quick and phoned the fire brigade...

L

little_ boy_explores

When the mill is converted or demolished it will be a sad day

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details