Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Hartshead High School (Ashton Under Lyne) | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Hartshead High School (Ashton Under Lyne)

Tommytucka

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've drove past this a few times on my way home from college and it looks pretty dead, the school has joined with another local school as one of these academy things and there has been a new building built nearby, there's fencing around the old building which has signs saying it is being demolished, would be very interested in having a look around this if anyone local does?

Hidden

Get Fucked
28DL Full Member
Had a look around it a few months ago, was well locked up, but not been back since. More interesting I suspect would be Stamford, Victorian frontage and all that.

MattHurts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I live literally down the road from Hartshead and went to School there. Sadly it has been demolished, there was some interesting boiler rooms and basement storage areas we used to bunk off in. I agree with Hidden though, Stamford would probably more interesting to explore.

wooly

28DL Member
28DL Member
A bit late i know. I've been looking over the website as i love old buildings and have a fascination with this sort of stuff.

Regarding Hartshead high school I was a pupil there 88-93. Last year i leart that the site was to be demolished and returned to 'Park Land' (council talk for selling it for housing i bet) Anyway, the housing trust that owns the Academy (New Charter) employ me to do certain works for them enabling me to ask for access to my old school. I was allowed in and took over 200 photos. I'll upload them here if you like...when i've figured out how to do it. I might even be able to get into Stamford school if i ask nicely as this is still standing. The police are using it to train their dogs at the moment though.

Marsden1002

Love it!
28DL Full Member
around the same area is a building that belonged to tameside hospital opposite ashton college. its locked tight at the moment and is for sale!

Dixfam

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi All,
how sad it was to hear Hartshead school has been demolished.
I was a pupil there in 67/68 so I am an oldy.

I remember several of the teachers, Mr Williamson, who used to teach French (he was feared), Mrs Samson who used to teach maths, plus several others.

We used to go on a French holiday, sponsored by the school, I wonder what every happened to the Videos taken covering the trip?
Many many memories.

wooly

28DL Member
28DL Member
I still have about 100 pictures from a visit i did when the school was empty plus some videos of the school being demolished, all very sad for Hartshead pupils