Report - Hartshead Pike feb 2012

• Welcome to - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections plus a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. Creating an account removes some ads, allows you to post replies, start new topics and threads, and gives you access to more features including bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

here comes trouble ....
28DL Full Member
The tower on Hartshead Pike is a well-known local landmark. It overlooks Ashton and is visible from many surrounding areas. It is a popular destination for afternoon strolls and the tower once housed a refreshment shop.

The Pike​

Me at the door​

My dad and me at the entrance

Bottom floor fire place

Stairsway leading up to the 1st floor

Looking back down the stairway

fisrt floor fire place

Looking up the chimney

My dad and me stood each side off the stairway with a stone walkway above

My dad stood on the stone platform

A view from the second floor bricked up window
could not get up to the third floor
the stairs seem to have been bricked up

a view from inside looking right up to the top off the pike

Me and my dad stood on the real pike

this was the first one built
in 1751 but was struck by lightning and split into two
The tower was rebuilt in 1863 by John Eaton, a little south of the earlier structure, to mark the wedding of the Prince of Wales to Princess Alexandra of Denmark. The land on which the tower stands was given to the town by Lord Stamford, who also gave the stone for the tower's construction to the present day where it stands high on the hills​

Last edited:

28DL Member
28DL Member
Sep 1, 2011
manchester, UK
Always wanted to know what this place looked like inside.
Last edited by a moderator: