real time web analytics
Report - - Harworth Colliery Headstocks - September 2014 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Harworth Colliery Headstocks - September 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Miss.Industrial

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I'm told by a someone onsite that the Upcast shaft will go in the next couple of months, I'm suprised how little interest there has been in the most recent colliery closures. Daw Mill and Maltby were only explored by only a handful of people and Harworth seems to be going the same way. I'm not local I live 230 miles away from the nearest of those places but I still consider them to be worth the time effort and resources to see there are only a handful of sites like this left in the UK and once they are gone thats it you wont see their like again.

Theres still some good colliery stuff about about thats not been visited for a while It would be great to see some recent posts from Clipstone, Chatterley whitfield, Selby etc there may still be a bathouse at Maltby and a scattering of less well documented places right around the country.

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Collieries here just never give the guaranteed exploring that will make the urban tourists flock to them. When you think about it probably all the active explorers who give a damn have been there. Me, you two, clebby, even dweebs almost out the game now! I dont think i know anyone else anymore.

Quite a few people flock to Germany to see the 'zechs' there tho which i can never understand. Why is that jST and crew? I guess theres a better guarantee of seeing something good in a total other country. People seem very hung up on that sort of thing nowadays. What happened to just going on the off chance!

clebby

( . Y . )
Regular User
there may still be a bathouse at Maltby

When we drove past Maltby after Harworth, as far as we could tell the bathhouse was all that was left standing. We were going to give it a go, but dweeb decided he needed would rather go charity shopping in Kings Heath :rolleyes:

Thanks for reminding me though, will make it a priority.

Pest

Read comics and sleep all day, = no worries
28DL Full Member
Are there any plans to preserve one of these old collieries?

jST

LLS.
Regular User
Quite a few people flock to Germany to see the 'zechs' there tho which i can never understand. Why is that jST and crew?

Because they're good?

I guess theres a better guarantee of seeing something good in a total other country.

Not only that but it's like a mini holiday, plus we've got some really good friends who live over in Zecheland so it's a chance to visit them alongside exploring stuff.

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Yeh, i get the whole 'urbex holiday' aspect, i have the same with the cattas. Dont the Belgium lot want to come over here and see all our industry?

Pauline Codd

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi..do you mind if I use these photographs for our site in Harworth recording history in our area..thanks.

Chinmister

28DL Member
28DL Member
Update for you all, there is only the No1 Tower left remaining - its all boarded up now, all the village scrotes have ransacked the place.