Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Has anyone been to Rainbow Funhouse – Torquay since the fire? | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Has anyone been to Rainbow Funhouse – Torquay since the fire?

Hidinginplanesite

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This indoor play center has been on my list for some time to explore .

I saw back in feb time that it has a massive fire :( ....

Has anyone Explored the location since ? or it not worth it anymore , TBH just don't wanna drive alway up there for nothing ..

iv looked on number of different urban groups and forums and can not find any post from 2019 of the location after the fire.

anyways thanks for reading.

Cortinalights

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Can't remember when the fire was, I went there October 2018 so that was before the fire I'm guessing? Reason I'm not sure is I never went into the main church bit, I saw some of the rooms at the back of the church but there was plenty of drug stuff lying around and looked like people were living there and it was so dark in there I didn't carry on, I just stumbled on it and didn't have a torch. So bare in mind if it's been opened up again there may well be people living there

Hidinginplanesite

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Can't remember when the fire was, I went there October 2018 so that was before the fire I'm guessing? Reason I'm not sure is I never went into the main church bit, I saw some of the rooms at the back of the church but there was plenty of drug stuff lying around and looked like people were living there and it was so dark in there I didn't carry on, I just stumbled on it and didn't have a torch. So bare in mind if it's been opened up again there may well be people living there

The fire was in February this year ,

Yeah we always carefully when exploring just incase we come across people

Adzitude

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went on Sunday as I live local, even though I went in before the fire. The main back door is still screwed in solid, front door has never had access as far as I know. The fence has been moved so you can get through in the grounds easy, but I can't see a way in to the building right now.

I've not seen any internal pics since the fire, so assume no one has got in. The amount of publicity it got when the fire happened, I assume they wanted it locked up tight to stop people getting in and avoid it happening again. (even though they never proved what started the fire-it was actually rumoured to have started 'naturally' through the roof catching fire)

Cortinalights

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went on Sunday as I live local, even though I went in before the fire. The main back door is still screwed in solid, front door has never had access as far as I know. The fence has been moved so you can get through in the grounds easy, but I can't see a way in to the building right now.

I've not seen any internal pics since the fire, so assume no one has got in. The amount of publicity it got when the fire happened, I assume they wanted it locked up tight to stop people getting in and avoid it happening again. (even though they never proved what started the fire-it was actually rumoured to have started 'naturally' through the roof catching fire)
@Adzitude so it's all locked up now is it, I'm def going to bump into you somewhere though!

Adzitude

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@Adzitude so it's all locked up now is it, I'm def going to bump into you somewhere though!
I look forward to the day! :D Yes sadly, unless there's a secret way in. I dread (but am so intreagued) to see what the place looks like, a combination of a church, a kids play area and a fire!

Terminal Decline

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I revisited in April, after the fire. The damage wasn't as serious as I was expecting with only most of the plastic netting burnt away, soot covering some of the walls and damage to the roof. The interior isn't going to do well with a big hole in the roof though. I have no idea of the current state of the building

_DSC3261 3.jpg

_DSC3222 3.jpg

_DSC3250 3.jpg

Adzitude

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I revisited in April, after the fire. The damage wasn't as serious as I was expecting with only most of the plastic netting burnt away, soot covering some of the walls and damage to the roof. The interior isn't going to do well with a big hole in the roof though. I have no idea of the current state of the building

View attachment 831009

View attachment 831010

View attachment 831011
Wow bud, look at that lighting! We struggled the whole way round lol. If its still like that the place will be a mess inside now. Nice one on getting so soon though, I thought they'd really have closed it tight straight after

Hidinginplanesite

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

View attachment 831009

View attachment 831010

View attachment 831011

Oh wow .... the light on this is crazy ! Bet it horrible now due to the horrible weather - When im down this area ill defo give it ago :D