real time web analytics
Report - - Hawick Cottage Hospital, Scottish Borders - November 2018 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hawick Cottage Hospital, Scottish Borders - November 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
This was a spur of the moment one on a recent trip back home as a few others places on my list didn't work out. Easily the most grimy and rotten hospital I have been in so far.

Hawick Cottage Hospital is a good example of a purpose-built small regional hospital that displays some good Arts and Crafts detailing such as decorative timber bargeboarding. It is prominently sited on high ground overlooking the cricket ground to the north. The building has expanded over the years from the 1884 core, but the additions of 1924 and the later 1930s are sympathetic and form a cohesive whole. The hospital was built by public subscription, following a bazaar to raise funds, and was opened on 31 August 1885. A detached X-Ray block was built in 1924. The site closed in 2007, and there is planning permission in place to convert to accommodation.

KN7nMZNh.jpg

ywmoekch.jpg

WxIWdXNh.jpg

Q2HSEBXh.jpg

YF14WCah.jpg

GoeqwToh.jpg

2ejqObLh.jpg

CdErhg0h.jpg

N7fE34eh.jpg

6owT6aKh.jpg

SkVPY14h.jpg

0CtqM40h.jpg

e1z0Av1h.jpg

1ggs140h.jpg

Hb0TmAih.jpg

EfqzAZzh.jpg

wd5po23h.jpg

7AQrCkRh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
See what you mean by rotten still one off the list i suppose well done for persevering with it. One of those where the outside is better than the inside.

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
That is a seriously soggy pile! Well covered though.

those yellow gas pipes look new?

They do. More likely polyester powder coated though. They'll still look like that in another 20 years.

Who has read this thread (Total: 242) View details