real time web analytics
Report - - Heaton Traction Maintenance Depot, Newcastle - March 2016 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Heaton Traction Maintenance Depot, Newcastle - March 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tompka

28DL Member
28DL Member
Metro are expanding into there. They've been told to move out of the South Gosforth Depot and have been in talks with Network Rail to merge the site into both Depots. I used to work for the company who is on the other side of the building and know someone who works within the Network Rail Depot who's told me this. Not sure what the time frames are but it's definitely happening.

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
Metro are expanding into there. They've been told to move out of the South Gosforth Depot and have been in talks with Network Rail to merge the site into both Depots. I used to work for the company who is on the other side of the building and know someone who works within the Network Rail Depot who's told me this. Not sure what the time frames are but it's definitely happening.

Good to know, cheers for posting this.

tompka

28DL Member
28DL Member
Good to know, cheers for posting this.
No problem :) the building was (could still be) full of asbestos. They had earmarked it for demolition but rumour had it, it was going to cost thousands to remove the asbestos hence it's still standing and a breeding ground for seagulls.
There was also a rumour that it was listed, but I'm not so sure on that one.