real time web analytics
Report - - Hebble brook & pipemare, Halifax, May 2019 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hebble brook & pipemare, Halifax, May 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
Visited here on 2 occasions once solo & with ACID- REFLUX ,
thankyou for accompanying me on the latter.

The Hebble brook rises at Ogdon reservoir,
merges with the Ovenden brook beneath Lee bridge & empties in the Calder at Salterhebble.
There's 6 culverts along the route consisting of both concrete & stone or brick,
with a mix of stone & brick floors or ankle breaking debris.

Pellon lane culvert

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

weir

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

Dean Clough culvert (Pipemare)
there's tons of redundant drainage, steam, water & fuel pipes in here from the once thriving Dean Clough mills

12.JPG

merging of the Hebble (left) & Ovenden (right) brooks

13.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

16.JPG

17.JPG

18.JPG

19.JPG

Dean Clough mills,
now used for residential & leisure

20.JPG

21.JPG

pandora's box of turds :turd

23.JPG

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Brilliant pics, what purpose does the solar panel serve in the 1st pic to the left of the debris screen? Power for a flow gauging/monitoring device maybe :confused:

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
what purpose does the solar panel serve in the 1st pic to the left of the debris screen? Power for a flow gauging/monitoring device maybe :confused:

it's powering the sensor & cctv, which monitors the flow & amount of debris on the grill.

TheVicar

Loyal to the Drain
Regular User
Nice one! :thumb
Looks like you had lovely weather for this explore.
I wouldn't mind a trip down this one sometime. It's one of those ones I've thought about but never got round to checking out.

wickedgen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Love this place - your pictures are fab! Good to see pics all the way out towards Nestle.

Charro

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fantastic pictures my friend simply awesome. As I'm doing my project I am aware of these locations and tunnels and never tire of looking at new pics. Again they are simply STUNNING. Very Well done, beautiful. I know I'm a bit OOT but that's just me.
Thanks for doing this and many many thanks for putting them on this fantastic site.

Who has read this thread (Total: 154) View details