real time web analytics
Hellingly Hospital, East Sussex - 1990s - 2000s | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Hellingly Hospital, East Sussex - 1990s - 2000s

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Great run through history here. Good to see old photos, but sad you saw the decline over the years. Got to be lots & lots of memories for you & your wife. Great report, loved it :thumb

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
Haha that's awesome, deffinitley the most sketchy water tower back then, those last rotton steps just hanging & then walking around the half bricks on the wall leaning on the water tanks to get up the last bit, fuck doing that now.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Haha that's awesome, deffinitley the most sketchy water tower back then, those last rotton steps just hanging & then walking around the half bricks on the wall leaning on the water tanks to get up the last bit, fuck doing that now.

I reckon Whitchurch won't be far off that state now, tried fixing the water pipe that was causing the ingress but needed a 20m ladder!

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
I remember setting the alarm off in the chapel around 2007. It was used for storage of medical records i think? It had bits partitioned off to make store rooms. I happened to be down there again 5 or 6 years ago looking for a tip and the chapel was bust open. Wasn't really kitted out for photos but i managed a few of the infamous 'treasure room'.. Basically the vestry had been filled with boxes of all kinds of old hospital paraphernalia when the place closed (or before maybe?). I wasn't the first in there, it had been well rifled and looted, (i was always told silverstealth made away with most of the best stuff which is entirely believable). I went over it with a fine toothcomb for a couple of hours anyway and actually did find some cool stuff people had missed. Unfortunately i didn't have my tripod to take proper photos but these might add something.. I do remember the original set of photos with notices from the salon and things like that.. Shame it all fades into obscurity.

Attachments

• IMG_6752.JPG
    IMG_6752.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 31

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
Is this the Asylum from Joe Weller's video??? it looks a lot like it

Anything interesting was long gone by the time Joe Weller appeared, his videos are from Homestead, a small villa that was opposite the actual hospital, classic clickbait was used there by Mr Wellend.

Last edited:

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
Speed, yes that's it silverstealth, he had quite a bit away if I remember rightly.
Some of them bits in your first photo were still in there when I last went in, seems like such a waste as some of it was really interesting.

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
Quality report that Jay. I love hearing peoples stories about places, especially when it’s somewhere you have spent omuch time over a very long period.

Great to see the old photo’s. Keep these old reports coming man.

CatfishCKY

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Absolutely epic, thank you for sharing the memories and the old school photos. Nice to see it wasnt always devastated, pity to see the picture of the arson attack. I hate that people do this to gorgeous old buildings. Im really interested to read the stories of others too. Thanks for all the sharing guys!

Who has read this thread (Total: 471) View details