real time web analytics
Report - - Hellingly Hospital, East Sussex - June 2020 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hellingly Hospital, East Sussex - June 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Tom Ellis

TJExplore
28DL Full Member
I finally had the opportunity to check out the remains of the famous Hellingly asylum popularized through Joe Weller's exploration series.
We pulled up into the car park outside the Church that used to be apart of the complex. We got out and then looked for an entrance to no success except for a broken through window on the roof which was impossible to get down into the building from because it was just too high. We then went to check out the other building in the forest next to the church. On the floor plans its only labeled as a homestead and due to the lack of inventory left inside, it was unclear what this building was used for.
We first decided to scout the building with a drone just to be sure there wasn't any security, we then gained access by going under the huge heavy duty fence surrounding the property followed by climbing through a partially bent metal barricade on a ground floor window.
As mentioned before, there wasn't much left in the building itself unfortunately but that's to be expected with a few million people knowing the place. We didnt spent too much time there either so we didnt have time to check out the upstairs however I have plans to go back soon and I'll update you all then. Anyway, here are the photos and a short video

Video:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Didnt think anything was left of this place. Agree with the above Joe Weller is not an example to follow. Also videoing your access and writing your whole access is a big no no . Why do that?

Tom Ellis

TJExplore
28DL Full Member
Didnt think anything was left of this place. Agree with the above Joe Weller is not an example to follow. Also videoing your access and writing your whole access is a big no no . Why do that?
Sorry I didnt realise, I'm still really new to all this. I just tried to document my experience aswell as I could. I've tried editing the post but the edit button is gone. Any ideas on what I could do?

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

Regular User
Sorry I didnt realise, I'm still really new to all this. I just tried to document my experience aswell as I could. I've tried editing the post but the edit button is gone. Any ideas on what I could do?
Ah yes, you can only edit up to 24 hrs. After that its an admin job or some mods I believe. Its been nearly 2 mths now, Id just leave it. Its probably sealed now, as land owners come on here to see how we get in, then seal those entrances. Thats why its a no no. But hey no worries. Your new, future ref really now. Happy exploring :thumb

Exploringtheurbandecay

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That churched used to be used to store files and nhs office furniture. I know this as i was one of the removal workers filling it up... Basement used to always flood.

Calamity Jane

Regular User
whos this Joe Weller never heard of him!
Probably a good thing lol. He is now a celebrity youtuber. Doing all sorts. Started by doing so called haunted urbexing/investigations if there is such a thing. Then stupid prank stuff, rip off photos and most recently fought KSI in a celebrity youtube boxing match. I can not stand the dick head, but wouldnt mind his money pmsl :p He is a talentless moron

Who has read this thread (Total: 597) View details