Web
Analytics
Hellllo from Somerset | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Hellllo from Somerset

SmithySuperior

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wasup people

New guy here my name is Josh I just fought I would introduce myself, I have only just recently seen the new members do & don't fourm and have fully made my self aware of how you guys work.

So overall a introduction is needed, I am from Somerset and recently been urban exploring and rooftopping alot more with my mate, Lately I been over Somerset, Portland and Bristol checking out what they had to offer and came across some amazing scenery. I will attach some photos for you to guys to check

If I am correct photos of previous visits help the new members out abit more so hopefully this is aloud too be added

These photos was in Portland we found to believe a abandoned navy base

And these next ones was in Bristol in the city centre where we managed to get onto a site which got us to the roof to this beauty

So overall I'm all about just getting that nice evening view so higher stuff is my favourite adventure but I am pretty much open to anything adveterious. Seeking like minded people with the same intensions

SmithySuperior

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello and welcome along- like your photos but might be worth considering a tripod :thumb
Yeah I'm quite new to this and have only been using my phone. I'm slowly saving up towards some equipment or gear so hopefully the next shots are alot better. Thanks for enjoying the photos though mate thanks

tigger

mog
Regular User
Yeah I'm quite new to this and have only been using my phone. I'm slowly saving up towards some equipment or gear so hopefully the next shots are alot better. Thanks for enjoying the photos though mate thanks
Welcome to 28DL.
Whislt you might aspire to 'better' camera equiipment most modern phones can do a pretty good job. Your photos weren't let down by equipment but by composition - particularly the odd angles. Unless there is a very good reason for them not to be straight you'd be better off trying to keep them straight. Mix the view of portrait and landscape (the real let down for phones is that video and photos are usually portrait and that actually suits few images).

Looking forward to seeing more as I've become quite terrified by high places as I've got older!

SmithySuperior

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome, look forward to seeing some reports :thumb
Reports are my weak point at the moment but I am slowly working towards something I want to upload just need more research.

As a new starter... What would you say the most important information towards a report would be? It would be my first time doing a report so just want to make sure it's actually decent before I post

SmithySuperior

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome to 28DL.
Whislt you might aspire to 'better' camera equiipment most modern phones can do a pretty good job. Your photos weren't let down by equipment but by composition - particularly the odd angles. Unless there is a very good reason for them not to be straight you'd be better off trying to keep them straight. Mix the view of portrait and landscape (the real let down for phones is that video and photos are usually portrait and that actually suits few images).

Looking forward to seeing more as I've become quite terrified by high places as I've got older!
Thanks for the feedback I will take that in on the next mission I do, for some reason as growing up I have always took photos at a tilted angle but I surppose that is a habit I want to get out of when taking exploring photos, I will take this all into consideration

Thanks dude

tigger

mog
Regular User
Have a look at the 'Noteworthy Reports" section (https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forum/noteworthy-reports.115/).

Information, variety of photos, your perssonal experince and location....all add up to making a good report but how much of each you include will vary. Some locations such as random houses often have little in the way of easily researchable history yet are often done to death (same photos, same lack of info) whereas other sites can have extensive websites, wankipedia articles etc that you can dip into. Try and take photos of detail (things that specifically caught your eye, a makers plate, a datestone, a quirky angle) rather than just the large view, equally though, a wider view can help set the scene.
Avoid talking about the paranormal or over-doing special effects on photos (overcooked HDR and OTT vignetting adds nothing and will generally be derided on here).

Most of all, get out there, have fun, be safe....... and don't get too bogged down by thinking you have to fit reports to some exact template

SmithySuperior

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Have a look at the 'Noteworthy Reports" section (https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forum/noteworthy-reports.115/).

Information, variety of photos, your perssonal experince and location....all add up to making a good report but how much of each you include will vary. Some locations such as random houses often have little in the way of easily researchable history yet are often done to death (same photos, same lack of info) whereas other sites can have extensive websites, wankipedia articles etc that you can dip into. Try and take photos of detail (things that specifically caught your eye, a makers plate, a datestone, a quirky angle) rather than just the large view, equally though, a wider view can help set the scene.
Avoid talking about the paranormal or over-doing special effects on photos (overcooked HDR and OTT vignetting adds nothing and will generally be derided on here).

Most of all, get out there, have fun, be safe....... and don't get too bogged down by thinking you have to fit reports to some exact template
Thank you for the information mate it's opened my eyes up abit more to it now and I'll get on that article ASAP and start getting inspired :)

It may not be soon as possible but i will have a report done for all you lot to see in time to come. Thanks for the advice man