Web
Analytics
Hello from Bristol! | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Hello from Bristol!

lowercase

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello everyone! As with many, I've been a long term armchair explorer, vicariously enjoying the exploits of others from behind a screen. Having grown up on farms, my younger self loved climbing over rooftops, through grainstores, and into long forgotten storage sheds, but as I got older I got lazier. I've been in Bristol or Cardiff for the last 16 or so years, and have seen many fascinating places pulled down before I got off my arse to go and have a look (Whitchurch Hospital, Brooks Dye Works, Elizabeth Shaw Chocolate Factory etc etc). Hoping to change that now I've realised a couple of buddies also enjoy being in places they shouldn't be!

We've already had a look at the Avon Gorge Railway Tunnel and some of Raven's Well/ Temple Pipe (had to cut that one short due to inappropriate clothing!), and had a botched attempt at getting into the Norwich Union building (what looked like previous entry points had been reboarded). Also done some scoping around Avonmouth to see how easy it is to get to the grain silos - got further than we expected before we lost light, but have an idea for when we try again. Next up is getting some waders to try the full extent of Raven's Well, and hopefully try the Malago storm drains.

I've had a read of the newbies' survival guide and how to post a report, but had a question - I'd like to post some reports, but what's the score when there's already fairly detailed posts and histories of the place in question in the forums? Keep it brief and signpost to the reports of others? Or be more detailed and end up with stuff duplicated? Or just not post it?

Looking forward to getting more involved!

Punk

Punkus Explorus
Regular User
Welcome to the forum

I've had a read of the newbies' survival guide and how to post a report, but had a question - I'd like to post some reports, but what's the score when there's already fairly detailed posts and histories of the place in question in the forums? Keep it brief and signpost to the reports of others? Or be more detailed and end up with stuff duplicated? Or just not post it?

Looking forward to getting more involved!
Firstly, good on you for reading the new member stuff. That'll save you from asking questions that have been asked a thousand times.
When posting a place already covered here, it's down to each place. If it's just walls, no roof, no windows, literally just a shell. Don't post. If you've got 5/6 photos that stand out differently to what you've seen on here, post it.
When writing a report, detailed reports are preferred by most, and the odd historical picture or image associated to the location is a nice extra I try to add to my reports.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Welcome. :)

The other benefit of posting places already reported on is that you can see how they change over the years. It was one of the great things about all the old asylum reports; you could see them slowly succumbing to the ravages of time.

How that green chair lasted for so many years still boggles me lol