Web
Analytics
Hello from northern Spain! | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Hello from northern Spain!

RustyJohn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi there! I'm John, 26 years old from Catalonia, and I think I live in a pretty interesting place for Urbexing! (Sorry in advance if this post gets too lengthy for an intro!)
My town dates back to Roman times and is near the French border, it used to be a very important religious/military city. There's lots of military sites ranging from medieval stuff, a Napoleonic fort, and a bomb storage/fortess that was used up until the Francoist regime and a couple bunkers from the civil war. Also it's a city with 4 underground rivers and drains that go back to the romans...should be quite a playground!

Most of the town is quite 'touristified' but there's all these untapped locations that are waiting to be reported. In all honesty, I've been 'exploring' since I was a teenager without even realising it, but lately when I've tried to scout some of those places for reporting with a camera, the really interesting ones ended up badly (angry gypsyes, angry dogs)... Anyway, my plan is to put a couple of reports up during the summer, and honestly my dream would be to meet with some of you like-minded folks to go and try some of the most 'serious' stuff in town, they say the drains are quite nice, plus all the legends of tunnels here and there must have some truth to them, don't they? I know Spain's a long way but I really think there are some 'firsts' to be done here, and the urbex community is pretty non-existent.

Last but not least, let me say it's been a pleasure discovering this site, been wandering around almost daily for some months now, cheers everyone!

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Welcome John. Done a bit of exploring in Spain and there is plenty out there, for sure, so looking forward to see you reports!

AlexUrbex1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I just got back from Santander. I only really explored in Portugal tho, but will for sure go back to do Spain especially the North West.

AlexUrbex1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Have you been to Drave in Portugal?