Web
Analytics
Hello from Norwich! | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Hello from Norwich!

Ragaina

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi!

I'm relatively new to this forum (only ~2months) but have been interested in urbex since I was a child, though I started actively exploring and searching for locations about 5 years ago. I'm interested in pretty much everything, from industrial and military places to manors and underground sites, though I've never visited one (to be completely honest, I think it's better to do it with some guidance and someone who already has the experience in this stuff). I've already made a report, you can find it here: https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/report-naujieji-verkiai-paper-factory-oct-2019.126513/

Originally I'm from Lithuania, moved to UK just before the December lockdown, so haven't had the chance to visit anything here yet, though my Google maps is red with locations that I've managed to scavenge over these few months.
I think I joined this site because for the first time in a while I want to share my adventures and photos with others, find new locations, muster some courage to start exploring in the UK and find some company (and, if I'm very lucky, friends).

So, to sum up: hello! and happy 2021. I really hope this year will be at least a bit better.

chills

• Chief Noob Wrangler •
Regular User
Welcome to the site!

Have a read of the following link to help you get a feel of the site and how things work:

And have a read of this guide to help you posting a report:

There’s tonnes out there, use the search box to your aid and you may even find something in your area!

I look forward to seeing some pictures and reports soon! Just shout if you have any questions!

SpecialHands

28DL Member
28DL Member
I know this is quite a late reply, but as someone else living in Norwich I know a few interesting old places that you might like to visit. There's some interesting stuff under KinderKafe on castle meadow (they do little tours down there but dunno how lockdown is impacting them) and there's a handful of other medieval undercrofts still in existence in the city. WHSmith on Gents Walk will apparently let you see the one under them if you ask them to and a few pubs like the Loius Marchesei and Bedfords have their ones open to patrons.

We used to have a handful of chalk mines you could easily get into, but they've buried the entrance to the one up Danby Wood and the Rosary Road one has a housing development blocking it now. There's an old Lime Kiln you can apparently still get to near Eaton though, but I haven't been.

Hope you are enjoying your time in Norwich (best you can be anyway with everything going on) and hopefully you'll be able to see some of these places when lockdown lifts :)