Web
Analytics
Hello from Plymouth | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Hello from Plymouth

Metalmonkey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi everyone, been a bit of a lurker over the years and finally decided to take the plunge and do something about my urban exploring curiosity.
Moved from the lovely county of Cornwall to the big smoke of Plymouth last year.
In the past when exploring I never had a decent camera to record any of the places I have visited. In the past year though I have started to build my kit.
Got a cheap Panasonic g2 and some ok lenses. Out of interested what recommendations do you have for kit?
Anyways, hi and look forward to actively contributing to the community.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Welcome along, and look forward to seeing some stuff :thumb

As for kit recommendations, I'm sure someone with a bit more time on their hands will be along shortly with some pointers

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
Regular User
Out of interest what recommendations do you have for kit?
Basic kit -
Camera
Tripod
Remote or cable shutter release
Torch
Spare torch
Spare batteries
Suitable clothing for the location (not all ninja black or camo)

After that it depends where you're going -
First aid kit
Wellies / waders
Hard hat
Head torch
4Gas monitor
Snacks
Drinks
Dinghy
Electron ladder
Rope kit

Not an exhaustive list, but hopefully you get the idea.

Metalmonkey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@Yorrick Many thanks for the list. At current I am 50% there on those items :) but there are some things I never would have thought of :thumb
@MrGoodman Hi and maybe we will get to explore some places some time. Are you a life long Plymothian? (Not sure if that's how you spell that!)
@Ojay many thanks for the welcome and I look forward to being an active member of this great community.
@HughieD Thanks for your advise too. I have a Panasonic G2 and I believe that it has long exposure. Only one way to test that out I :thumb

MrGoodman

28DL Member
28DL Member
@Yorrick Many thanks for the list. At current I am 50% there on those items :) but there are some things I never would have thought of :thumb
@MrGoodman Hi and maybe we will get to explore some places some time. Are you a life long Plymothian? (Not sure if that's how you spell that!)
@Ojay many thanks for the welcome and I look forward to being an active member of this great community.
@HughieD Thanks for your advise too. I have a Panasonic G2 and I believe that it has long exposure. Only one way to test that out I :thumb
I am a plymouth lifer haha . I have been watching so many youtube videos and would love to start exploring . Hope your well